Ruggerz

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Crusaders RU
FDWEdAkVQAMKSp-

Last edited:
When the pretty much second team has already had a game to iron out the rust…

Was hardly surprising the ABs played in a such a disjointed/disorganized way with a ton of changes made from the last match, also there were some very inexperienced players starting.

Basically the same team that played two weeks ago so no excuses there
yeah, agreed, its not like we're talking about domestic rugby after lots of injuries where new players have been brought in, these guys have all been in camp together for the last few months

not going to bag guys like vaai, lord, ennor...they are all either still pretty green or maybe a bit out of their depth

i AM a little worried about how poorly Cane, Richie, Dmac and Reece played

Basically the same team that played two weeks ago so no excuses there
Playing a new team together for only a couple of games is nowhere near enough time for them to play consistently well as a unit... rugby probably more than any other team sport relies so much on combinations working well.

yeah, agreed, its not like we're talking about domestic rugby after lots of injuries where new players have been brought in, these guys have all been in camp together for the last few months

not going to bag guys like vaai, lord, ennor...they are all either still pretty green or maybe a bit out of their depth

i AM a little worried about how poorly Cane, Richie, Dmac and Reece played
Not really about the players been in camp together for a few months... much more to do how they perform as individuals & combination wise under real pressure in match situations.

Cane, Mo'unga, McKenzie & Reece are all class players, so not really worried about the way they played - was just a very poor team performance by the ABs... thought the refereeing was a joke, he constantly let Italy stand bloody miles offside.

Not really about the players been in camp together for a few months... much more to do how they perform as individuals & combination wise under real pressure in match situations.

Cane, Mo'unga, McKenzie & Reece are all class players, so not really worried about the way they played - was just a very poor team performance by the ABs... thought the refereeing was a joke, he constantly let Italy stand bloody miles offside.
...how can you can its all about how they play under watch conditions in the first sentence....and then say your not worried when "class acts" dont play well in the second one

Why do you even bother with this sort of fixture? Wales B and this are hardly tests

Why do you even bother with this sort of fixture? Wales B and this are hardly tests

It makes them feel good about themselves and reinforces their God complex.

I can't stand them me, I took a special satisfaction in watching England tear them to shreds at the last WC.

Why do we bother playing Tonga?
$$$

I mean they are playing Ireland as well - it's not the ABs fault they're so dominant there's only a few sides who can be competitive with them (and the lion's share they play every year in the rugby championship anyway)

i hope this is just trolling, if we only played teams in the top 3-4 the we'd be accused of being of thinking we were too good to play everyone else

given the schedule....which tier 1 nations should we have played this weekend?

...how can you can its all about how they play under watch conditions in the first sentence....and then say your not worried when "class acts" dont play well in the second one
Obviously they're two different situations - one is about playing well as a team because you've kept combinations together, the other is about a class player is a class player so you'll know their form will come right very quickly... I'm amazed I had to explain it.

Obviously they're two different situations - one is about playing well as a team because you've kept combinations together, the other is about a class player is a class player so you'll know their form will come right very quickly... I'm amazed I had to explain it.
come right very quickly?...is several month very quickly? that was the point, other than cane these guys have all been a squad for a while...whats suddenly going to make them come right if its not "real pressure in match situations"

love how act like you're making these profound statements but to the rest of us you come across like you're talking in a circle

come right very quickly?...is several month very quickly? that was the point, other than cane these guys have all been a squad for a while...whats suddenly going to make them come right if its not "real pressure in match situations"

love how act like you're making these profound statements but to the rest of us you come across like you're talking in a circle
it's clearly doesn't take a top class player too long to come back into form again... Cane broke his neck at one stage, so of course it's going to take him a fair while to get back into the flow of things again, I'm amazed he's able to even play rugby again.

Well you're certainly not very profound... I mentioned before how players give away silly intercept passes or get charged down because they didn't have a quick scan first, so do you prefer players to play dumb rugby then ?

Why do we bother playing Tonga?
$$$

I mean they are playing Ireland as well - it's not the ABs fault they're so dominant there's only a few sides who can be competitive with them (and the lion's share they play every year in the rugby championship anyway)
I think test sides not being able to access their best players (even during designated test windows for the smaller teams - and apparently Australia now) is a very serious problem for the continued progression of international rugby. Existential even.

If club supremacy is allowed to continue to dominate player availability then eventually they just won't release test players at all.

Latest posts