• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ITM Cup

nadoss

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Rebels
Like my other post on the Currie Cup, I'm also interested in learning about the ITM cup. Could ITM cup fans tell me what their favourite team is, and why they like them so much, and most importantly, what makes them better than the teams they match up against every week.

All teams are province based so most people generally support the team of their province regardless of how good they are. Provincial rugby has always meant something special to New Zealanders simply because of the rivalry between the provinces.

I support the Northland Taniwha and the Wellington Lions. Northland is better than everyone else because they have the best mascot lol.

I'd pick the team in my province if it wasn't a state :p

Currently, I'm leaning towards Wellington and Southland.

well, thats a turn off. If I wanted that, I'd be a Yankees fan or a Man U fan

Bay of Plenty and Taranaki are two teams which have a good chance of winning the comp, outside of the main centres of Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury and Waikato.

Auckland, My best friend plays Inside centre for them so Im a big fan, also the steelers as a few mates play for them too

Taranaki I'm from there and my girls godfather is the coach.
Also Northland as it's such a nice part of the country.

wow, do all you guys know someone who's involved in an ITM cup team?? New Zealand must not have as many people as I thought it did.

Latest posts