• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

its all kicking off in georgia

Georgia RFU just ordered some new scrum machines. They used to use old russian tanks. That's why they have a strong pack!

There's a Georgian poster on here. We had a joke t'other day about **** Russia, so I hope he returns and gives his views.

Looks like Georgia has weapons from Israel and training from NATO to deliver a few punches. And I understand they kept their hands on a few Soviet era nukes. And if their soldiers fight like their rugby players, then they'll be ok! They have the third biggest troop contingent in Iraq - most of them being called home now.

Good luck to them.

But it could be veeery serious stuff on this side of Europe, especially if you want to keep warm this winter with Russian oil and gas. It's probably not going to escalate - more like the last Israel-Lebanon war, which lasted a few weeks.

Funny how it kicks off when all our elected bullshitters are in Beijing.

Looks like Russia is just throwing its weight around, trying on the big hat. China will probably say 'shut the hell up, you're stealing our headlines'.

Guys, we all enjoy a good joke every now and then but it's really not appropriate when 1400+ civilians from a country of fellow posters have died. You wouldn't dream about joking about the London bombings which had fewer casualties, so shut it.

Yeah It's all nery sad , but it's on Russia really. They are not happy with all the Ex URSS coutries getting independent, wanting to enter NATO etc... They create troubles in Georgia, Moldova (Transdniestr region), Ukrain etc... Realpolitik at its best, but I bet the UE will just do nothing, as usual.

Official US thoughts on the situation:

'What's that? Russia has oil? w00p w00p hey hey hey.. hey.. wait a minute.. they causing trouble with Georgia state..!?? OMGWTF! who ya gonna call..? w00p w00p Uncle Sam that's who.. we gonna kick yo' communist muthafcukin a$$ KERRRRCHING.. ROFLMAO OMG let's smash the commies1!!11!!!1 LOLZORZ'.

^ The Yanks won't do anything, they like to fight those who can't possibly fight them on thier own soil. They haven't been in a fair fight since WW2 and even then they came in when the Nazi's weren't exactly the strongest.

^ The Yanks won't do anything, they like to fight those who can't possibly fight them on thier own soil. They haven't been in a fair fight since WW2 and even then they came in when the Nazi's weren't exactly the strongest.
[/b]

Hmm, the fact that the US was attacked by the Japanese in 1941, when Germany was at the height of its power seems to slip your mind. You are partly right though, the Yanks don't give a damn unless there's a risk to their precious oil supply

Jeez, you can slag off the yanks as much as you like. But think of what Russia stands for - empire, energy blackmail and KGB dictatorship. No comparison.

I hope the price of oil plummets and they go bankrupt.

Well even if you don't believe in climate change Russia shows why being able to produce our own clean energy at home rather than importing gas and oil from abroad is much better. We don't wat to get too dependent on their fossil fuels or they'll just hold us to ransom.

Regarding China telling Russia to stop stealing their headlines, I'm not joking. China is in cahoots with Russia but won't be too pleased if Russia overshadows its own grand coming out PR party with a full scale war.

Its WAR! Georgia has become the focal point of the "Eastern Question" of our age.

If Palmerston were still in charge, the Royal Navy would be sailing for the Black Sea as we speak and we'd be heading for war quicker than you could say "corn laws".

These days however, in a time of global overstretch and other annoying nations like Iran pestering us, we are resolved to do nothing and instead call for mediation while Georgia burns :(

Official US thoughts on the situation:

'What's that? Russia has oil? w00p w00p hey hey hey.. hey.. wait a minute.. they causing trouble with Georgia state..!?? OMGWTF! who ya gonna call..? w00p w00p Uncle Sam that's who.. we gonna kick yo' communist muthafcukin a$$ KERRRRCHING.. ROFLMAO OMG let's smash the commies1!!11!!!1 LOLZORZ'.
[/b]

:rolleyes: Please save yourself from looking ignorant by not posting such ridiculous statements.

^ The Yanks won't do anything, they like to fight those who can't possibly fight them on thier own soil. They haven't been in a fair fight since WW2 and even then they came in when the Nazi's weren't exactly the strongest.[/b]

That's a cute statement coming from someone who lives in Australia. You can talk **** about the United States of America all you want, but you better believe if it wasn't for us winning the war in the Pacific you wouldn't be enjoying the freedom you enjoy today. And i think its funny you don't remember September 11, 2001 when we were attacked on our own soil, and we are now attacking them on their own soil. And if you don't believe the United States played a crucial part in the destruction of the Nazi regime then you should get your head examined, although we might not have been in the war as long we supplied foreign forces with supplies. Ha funny and Aussie talking **** about the USA.

And i don't care about your fair this fair that bullshit, you tell me right now was it fair that on September 11 that 3,000 innocent people lost their lives, was that f***ing fair? You f***ing tell me that.

30th July 2008

Eugene, Oregon.
Barry Cheever, 33, a local technical support worker at BoonDog Internet, has forgotten that the events of September 11, 2001 ever happened, making him the first recorded case of Forgetting 9/11, an epidemic that we have long been warned of but which has not materialized... until now.

We sat down with Cheever and his long-time roommate Dave Gunderson to try to figure out how Cheever could have possibly forgotten 9/11.

"I don't know," says Cheever. "September 11, 2001? That was like seven years ago. Honestly, do you remember details from that far back? Do you remember what you ate for breakfast on June 14, 2003?"

"It's not like that at all," interjects Gunderson. "9/11 changed everything! How could you possibly forget it?"

"Well, maybe I wasn't aware of it in the first place," suggests Cheever. "I mean, I was one of the last people to learn that Britney Spears had flashed her bits in public. I didn't know about that until like a week after it happened. So maybe this 9/11 thing just slipped under my radar."

Gunderson bangs his head against the table.

"It didn't slip under your radar! We watched it on TV! You were crying and yelling about how whoever did this needed to pay!"

Cheever squints his eyes shut in a look of deep concentration.

"Wait... September 11, 2001... was that the day your parents' puppy ate too much and its stomach swelled up and messed up its heart and they had to have its stomach pumped, and then it slept for like two days?"

"NO!" exclaims a frustrated Gunderson. "Dude, that was September 12. It was the day after! How the hell can you remember that, and not 9/11?"

"Look," replies Cheever. "I'm not saying it didn't happen, okay? I'm just saying I don't remember it. Maybe it happened, and maybe it didn't. I don't know. Hey, I'm late for work. Remind me to take out the trash tonight, okay?"

The public has reacted strongly to Cheever's forgetfulness.

At a hastily-arranged press conference, former New York mayor Rudy Guiliani issued the following statement:

"I told you this would happen! I told you that if we didn't constantly remind ourselves to remember 9/11, people would start forgetting! But did you listen? NOOOOO. You nominated that wacky old guy with the skin cancer instead. Well, you know what? Screw you guys. Today, the terrorists have won."

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution encouraging Americans to tie red pieces of string around their fingers to remind them of 9/11. The resolution passed 434-1, with the sole dissenter, Congressman Ron Paul (D-MA), arguing that Congress does not have the authority to encourage anything, and that all encouragement must be left in the hands of local governments.

Hey I think that was a bit out of character from the sandgroper, all Aussies are still dirty at the yanks for being the current Olympic Gold Medallists in rugby... :p

So don't take it to heart, DC, we're all mates here irrespective of where we come from.

I don't think thats funny.

I'll never forget September 11 until the day I die.

I'll never forget the tears of the girl in my class who lost a relative in the Twin Towers.

I'll never forget the images of people jumping from the towers to their deaths because they had no hope.

I'll never forget the brave men and women who rushed into the towers risking life to save others.

I'll never forget the people who came out of the buildings bloody and bruised and burned.

I'll never forget the heart stopping image of those towers collapsing.

September 11 was a tragic event. Around 3000+- Americans have died from Terrorist action in the past 10 years.

But, to put it into perspective, around 25,000 people die every day from starvation.

Approximately 800,000 people have died as a result of the war in Iraq. Who's inflicted the most damage I wonder?
I don't have anything against Americans, i do however hold many things against America

Well Dustan, is it fair that some 90,000+ Iraqi civillians have died from violence since the beginning of the war? I'm not saying I condone what happened on September 11th at all, but your country did start an unjustifiable war in a country that has resulted in far more deaths to civilians than what happened in 2001.

With that being said, if we forget what has transpired in last 8 years, the impact the USA had as an interventionist nation in the 20th century was largely to the benefit of the world.

Latest posts