• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Chriiiiiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaas!

S

St Helens RLFC

:D

My favourite time of the year, by a mile! With only 22 days left until the big day (3 weeks tomorrow) how's your plans going? How's shopping? Food shopping? Any last minute plans? Going away anywhere? What's Santa bringing you?

I'll be taking the dog to mum and dad's for a nice family christmas.

I'm constantly broke, swamped with work, pressurized by family commitments, and just plain tired. Worst Christmas ever is coming my way.

I bet a lot of people are going to feel the pinch this year, 2008 has been a very poor year all round really.

Yeah can't wait, still get as giddy as a kid at Christmas, going home in 2 weeks so something else to look forward to as well, not got any shopping done yet but there's still time and god bless the interweb thingy on that front. No queues for, no way hose!!!

Father Jack Says **** OFF!!!

capture012.jpg

I'm with An Tarbh - ALL my shopping gets done online, none of this queueing business.

gotta love christmas
Uni term finishes on the 12th, havn't been home since i started here in september, so will be nice to catch up with some friends again

got about 25 people at my Grans for christmas lunch, all my all my dads family will be there.
definately the best time of the year :)

I stay away from all the religious bull that comes with it and celebrate it for what it really is ; The Winter Festival (Christians merely hijacked an existing festival). This can be difficult considering i'm the only atheist in my family but hey ho...

Its a time for family and I try to see as much of mine as I can on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Satan Claus will be bringing me an electric banjo this year!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 3 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 3 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with An Tarbh - ALL my shopping gets done online, none of this queueing business.[/b]

Interesting. What sites
[/b][/quote]

play.com is the one for me, free delivery, the only problem is they rip you off over the difference between sterling and the euro, still cheaper then everywhere else though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Dec 3 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I stay away from all the religious bull that comes with it and celebrate it for what it really is ; The Winter Festival (Christians merely hijacked an existing festival). This can be difficult considering i'm the only atheist in my family but hey ho...

Its a time for family and I try to see as much of mine as I can on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Satan Claus will be bringing me an electric banjo this year![/b]

Booooooo! What Holidays have the atheists ever given us? NONE! So...smoke that in your pipe! Ha Ha.

But on a more serious note, I feckin' love Christmas! I love the secular side of it as well as the sacred. It's just, as the cheesey song suggests, "the most wonderful time of the year."
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWuWHinZXFA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWuWHinZXFA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like Christmas spending time with your family gorging on yummy food and getting ******. B) Since Santa Rudd is giving me $1400 bucks i'll have presents sorted and when my next payday comes ill have money to spend on copious amounts of alcohol et al.

Its going to be a happy happy christmas. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 4 2008, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Dec 3 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Satan Claus will be bringing me an electric banjo this year![/b]

Booooooo! What Holidays have the atheists ever given us? NONE! So...smoke that in your pipe! Ha Ha.

[/b][/quote]

Haha!

In all seriosuness though, why would we create a holiday for something requiring non-belief in any deity?

WOO! Happy non-factual-deity-day! :banana_flip: which is almost as popular as Happy N*gga Day.. on Happy N*gga Day we all dress up as minstrels and drink the festive drink of ******. It's like eggnog, but chocolate flavoured ahaha

Sorry for the use of the word n*gga.

I hate Xmas shopping, it always proves so stressful. Girlfriend is getting rugby shirt at the moment (lucky her :p) but it's a bugger finding places that stock the women's ones you want. Brother will probably get a Wii game (any suggestions game buffs, baring in mind that he's only 12?), and only one of the parents is sorted.

Whoever invented the idea of Secret Santa is a genius though - only having to make any effort for one friend is so much easier.

And our tutors - for Xmas they've given us 2 essays and the odd presentation to make. Can't say they don't embrace the spirit of the season.

Latest posts