• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Semi-Final Time...

J

Juggernaut

Semifinal 1: Canterbury VS Hawkes Bay

Canterbury: 15 Colin Slade, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Tim Bateman, 11 Tu Umaga-Marshall, 10 Stephen Brett, 9 Tyson Keats, 8 Nasi Manu, 7 George Whitelock ©, 6 Michael Paterson, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Isaac Ross, 3 Peter Borlase, 2 Ti'i Paulo, 1 Andrew Olorenshaw.
Replacements: 16 Steve Fualau, 17 Rodney Ah You, 18 Ash Parker, 19 Matt Todd, 20 Willi Heinz, 21 Ryan Crotty, 22 James Paterson.

Hawke's Bay: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Nick Thompson, 13 Jason Shoemark ©, 12 Andrew Horrell, 11 Jason Kupa, 10 Mathew Berquist, 9 Chris Eaton, 8 Thomas Waldrom, 7 Karl Lowe, 6 Michael Johnson, 5 Ross Kennedy, 4 George Naoupu, 3 Clint Newland, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Sona Taumalolo.
Replacements: 16 Ash Dixon, 17 Josh Keys, 18 Adam Bradey, 19 Matt Egan, 20 Dane Shelford, 21 Aayden Clarke, 22 Richard Buckman.

Date: Friday, October 30
Venue: AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Kick-off: 19.35 (06.35 GMT)
Referee: Jonathon White
Assistant referees: Keith Brown, Josh Noonan
TMO: Kane McBride

Semifinal 2: Wellington VS Southland

Wellington:
15 Apoua Stewart, 14 David Smith, 13 Alapati Leuia, 12 Shaun Treeby, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Piri Weepu, 9 Alby Mathewson, 8 Mathew Luamanu, 7 Serge Lilo, 6 Victor Vito, 5 Daniel Ramsay, 4 Jacob Ellison ©, 3 Anthony Perenise, 2 Ged Robinson, 1 John Schwalger.
Replacements: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Arden David-Perrot, 18 Mark Reddish, 19 Scott Fuglistaller, 20 Fa'atonu Fili, 21 Robert Fruean, 22 Daniel Kirkpatrick.

Southland: 15 Glen Horton, 14 Matt Saunders, 13 Kenny Lynn, 12 Jason Kawau, 11 Tony Koonwaiyou, 10 Robbie Robinson, 9 Scott Cowan, 8 Hua Tamariki, 7 Tim Boys, 6 John Hardie, 5 Joe Tuineau, 4 Josh Beckhuis, 3 Chris King, 2 Jason Rutledge, 1 Jamie Mackintosh ©.
Replacements: 16 Brayden Mitchell, 17 Fai Mika, 18 Dave Gannon, 19 Dion Bates, 20 Sonny Rangitoheriri, 21 Seminar Manu, 22 James Wilson.

Date: Saturday, October 31
Venue: Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Kick-off: 19.05 (06.05 GMT)
Referee: Chris Pollock
Assistant referees: Keith Brown, Garratt Williamson
TMO: Glenn Newman

Was just about to pop one of these in dude, no where near as good as yours is :)

Hawke's Bay at full strength, with the proviso Zac is away on AB duties. Would expect the Bay to switch tactics from the up and under barrage of the last meeting between the two sdes to a wide running game in the first half in an attempt to get the Evil Empire off balance.

+1 for Juggernauts prediction. Out on a limb here, this could be the Bay's year else we'll go down in a screaming heap this evening

C'mon the Bay!!!!!!

I think it will be Wellington vs Canterubry final. Canterbury won't want to lose twice in a row and I think we should deal to Southland, having already done so during the season.

Oh dear the Bay really wasn't in that one, not posting the score as the game is still going out to various countries. Can I blame the Ref? Probably not, but on the bright side Zac into the ABs for tonight's match.

I'm from Southland and I'm picking a Canterbury vs Wellington final. It's not what I want, but I'm not too blinded by my loyalties when picking results.

I've only seen bits of this competition but judging by what I've seen and the squad's named, have to say Hawke's Bay would be my favourite for their match (and the competition).

Think Wellington will win the other match but I'll be cheering for Southland who contain Ireland's only reprasentative (as far as I know), the fantastic (-ly rubbish) David Gannon!

I know alot of people will probably pick us (Wellyz) to win but gees to me being a fan of theirs I just haven't seen them play a really good game yet even against the likes of Counties and Northland they thrashed them but there were still mistakes I just hope they don't have a major failure tonight. Good luck to both teams anyway they both thoroughly deserve to be there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Oct 31 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm from Southland and I'm picking a Canterbury vs Wellington final. It's not what I want, but I'm not too blinded by my loyalties when picking results.[/b]

Yeah but you guys got the shield :bravo:

Unfort at a street party this evening, going to try and catch the second half of the AB v Chaindragger game this evening :) Go the Stags!

I got very worried when went 21-19 down but I k new that we would pull though. This our 6th final in 7 years, will probably be our 6th loss as well unfortunately. I can't see us winning the way we played last night. I thought we were dreadful. Crowd was pathetic too. Semi final clearly not a draw-card for the average person.

If we play like we did last night we'll get a hidding like we did earlier this season. Yeah unfortunately our caketin's turning into the ring of fire for all the soccer fans they're packing it entirely to the point where they have to get a extra 5000 seats for the bahrain fans. Wish our crowds were like that again but I don't think it'll ever happen because the Nzrfu s#@! on us too much with the rules and refs everyone started to get frustrated and still are because you end up going to watch what the ref will do instead of watching the players on field.

Congrats to our boys though gota appreciate they made it to another final. It definitely hasn't been a easy road but if we can get our forwards going right we should be good to take the cup.

Well I have to hope Wellington do it. It'll give Southland a fairly legitimate reason to say that we're the number 2 side out there, lol.

Bugger.

HB were really outplayed on Friday, and as for Southland......so bloody close.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 1 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I have to hope Wellington do it. It'll give Southland a fairly legitimate reason to say that we're the number 2 side out there, lol.[/b]
Southland were awesome this season I was very impressed with them and they changed the whole competition really no one really expected them to go as far as they have. Massive team with 1 All Black that's never given any credit but now hold the Ranfurly Shield. You gota be proud because 1 of the teams in the final no matter what has to walk away with diddly squat I'm just hoping this season it's not us again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Nov 2 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bugger.

HB were really outplayed on Friday, and as for Southland......so bloody close.[/b]

As much as it pains me to say it, well done Canterbury :huh: This weekend will swing in behind the Lions .... go you good things!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Nov 8 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
4 in a row for the tossers... 4 Final Losses in a row that is.[/b]
Totally agree it's good to get into so many finals in the last decade but I'd probably rather not make the final than make it so many times just to keep losing to the same team. It's not only in the Anz Cup but the Super14 a few times too. Bloody Wellington got thrashed in the 1st half and made a massive comeback in the 2nd just to lose it all by giving up a penalty in the dieing minutes.

Oh well there's always next year and the year after and they year after that.............

Latest posts