• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's TRFies time again!

User1245

Academy Player
Club or Nation
South Africa
Good day fellow TRF'ers,

You read right, it's time for our annual and prestigious TRFies awards!

Most of you know how it goes but here's a recap.

1) Each member will post their nominations in their own thread where discussion can follow.
(Example: "Steve-o's Nominations")

2) Copy and Paste the following list and type in a members name you want to nominate.

1. Best General Poster:
2. Best Northern Hemisphere Poster:
3. Best Southern Hemisphere Poster:
4. Best League Poster:
5. Most Improved Member:
6. Most Underrated:
7. Best Video Games Poster:
8. The Jason Robinson award for most knowledgeable poster of both codes:
9. The "Comedy Genius" award for funniest poster:
10. The Stephen Fry award for cleverest member:
11. The Dubya award for least gramatically able member:
12. The Edmund Blackadder Award for the most quotable member:
13. The Best Newcomer:
14. Best Signature:
15. Best Avatar:
16. Best Thread:
17. Best Staff Member:

3) The top 3 nominated in each category will proceed to the polls.

4) Nominations will be open for 2 weeks. (28 May - 11 June)

5) The Polls will then be open for 1 week. (11 June - 18 June)

Even if you don't post so much but just read the forums, have a go for this one but just don't nominate yourself.

If you have any questions, post them below.

I was actually thinking this afternoon about making a thread asking when they are :p

Pity, I wasn't that active on the forum the last couple of months.

It's shaping up to be like many of the others over the last 2-3 years where the NH & South Africa get 90% of the awards, (sorry meant 99%). Australia and New Zealand members don't have the numbers to make much of a voting difference.

And yes, part of world your from does factor in. The noms so far are verification.

Should I as what is now a minority, take part? I suppose I will.

I voted for you. Voted for NickDnz too. So much for that theory, eh?

Bring Gay_Guy back, he was an excellent poster, still remember his detailed analysis of the 2008 Ireland/NZ game that must have taken ages to write which made me look at the game completely differently.

I'll probably get around to nominating at some stage :p

I have to admit that some of both Australia's and New Zealand's posters have been a bit MIA for a while, but mostly that''s because of three reasons. One, the membership used to be pretty international, but on a numbers level has shifted heavily to one side of the equator. That's not me having a go at the NH members, the only crime they're guilty of is excellent support of the forum.

Two, now that we're a minority a number of NZ members have drifted away due to the massive bagging we got about the last world cup, the on-going slagging off of the Super 14 as being crap and inferior to either of the Guinness Premiership or Heineken Cup, being shot down by 100's of posts whenever we want to feel a little aggrieved about our young players being poached by NH clubs. I know it's professionalism, but it's a landslide thing going on and our loss making NZRFU should be able to get transfer fees or something for all the money we spend on developing the talent.

Often you get shot down for a lot you say if your from this part of the world, so quite a few hardly bother with the forum anymore.

Three, there is now another forum in New Zealand which is receiving television advertising, is giving away prizes and generally a more welcoming place for locals. It's getting very big.

So all in all, yet another landslide victory for NH members in the TRFies is hardly sweetening the deal.

Maybe there should be another award "The Stick-to-it-edness award for the Australasian member holding with TRF despite the odds". Just kidding, but in all seriousness in two years can the last Australasian member please turn the lights out? :D

Thanks for the nomination feicarsinn, but I'm especially pleased with the ones who've voted for nickdnz and ranger. At least there are some up and comers still emerging. My point wasn't for myself, but for the other Australian and New Zealand members, give them a look maybe.

Come on dude lighten up a bit. These awards are just for fun anyway and a time for members to show appreciation to other posters, even if it's for their bad grammar.
Loss that chip on your the shoulder. Rugby's just a game and this is just a forum, no nations credibility is at stake here. Nickdnz has probably been nominated the most from the SH side.

That's the thing with text, you can't tell how lightly or heavily I take it. Also, I never said any nations credibility was at stake. I was merely pointing out that a couple of places on the map miss out as voters do naturally come more from certain areas and form bonds easier with those from those areas. Don't mis-quote me please. And I say that lightly. The TRFies mean nothing to me in my day to day life, so hows that taking things heavily?

Maybe it's that you've picked only a Aus/NZ member for one category out of 17 possible and you feel I'm being a little unfair? That's your prerogative.

By the way, Nickdnz being voted for the most from the SH? It's inevitable that someone from down here would get a vote or two. I mean you have to tokenly throw some scrap from the table, lol.

It's just an opinion. You have yours, I'm fine with that.

Lighten up though, it's just a comment with little or no real importance, isn't it?

Well you dedicated more than half of your sizable post talking about how Kiwi's are victims on this forum, which is not the case at all

Well you dedicated more than half of your sizable post talking about how Kiwi's are victims on this forum, which is not the case at all

Again, I never said victims. You've just said that. I was also talking about Australian members. How about some accuracy? I was saying that our lack of representation in membership numbers (both countries) naturally makes for an under representation in awards.

How does my posts size factor into things? Is it a crime to attempt to explain yourself? This is all becoming pretty funny.

If I was being as inaccurate and reactionary as you are I'd apologies for being off-target. Mind you that's me, not you. You can choose to be however you'd like I guess.

Which other regular SA posters are there that are as involved as Steve-O, Intercept King JDV and myself?

Which other regular SA posters are there that are as involved as Steve-O, Intercept King JDV and myself?

Not sure. Probably none. I'm not sure of the point your making. All great TRF members, all deserved of nominations. My point was not about denying nominations to good members at all. My point is that Aus/NZ members are slowly becoming less interested in the forum. Probably why there's hardly any nominated. Hopefully it will change.

I was just curious. I know what you mean though. :/

Only 12 people have nominated as well, is it normally more than that?

Sadly a lot of **** has hit the fan when 1/3 of the database was lost in some cock-up somewhere along the line during the upgrade (none of us are sure exactly what happened). This included losing a lot of members profiles who it seems simply couldn't be bothered or didn't want to sign up again.

Things are slow at the moment, especially in the SH forums, hence when comparitively low turnout for these nominations etc.. But we're working on changing that.

Sadly a lot of **** has hit the fan when 1/3 of the database was lost in some cock-up somewhere along the line during the upgrade (none of us are sure exactly what happened). This included losing a lot of members profiles who it seems simply couldn't be bothered or didn't want to sign up again.

Things are slow at the moment, especially in the SH forums, hence when comparitively low turnout for these nominations etc.. But we're working on changing that.

Thankfully someone who's first post realises I'm not having a go at those nominated. Those guys deserve it. It's just a sad state that the Aus/NZ section of our members is very thin on the ground for some time now. Even to a certain extent going back to 2007.

All I'm saying is that maybe those few who're still regulars deserve a look in. This year finally, with Nickdnz that's happened a little, that's cool. We need a strong member database in all parts of the world and that means being a world-wide community and considering EVERYONE.

I'm not all pro NZ. Why would I support Australia on this issue when I'd rather lose to South Africa than Australia in rugby? I'm not a fan of them really, but I'm just being a realist.

Noticed that on a few other places as well, things going slow I mean, wonder if there's a reason for it :s

I remember winning one once but that category seems to have mysteriously vanished. Either that, or I'm confusing boards once more.

Latest posts