• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

itv coverage

dai_seven

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
Is it possible for ITV to find anymore ex England internationals to keep going on about how brilliant everything every English player does?

To be fair the BBC were doing it yesterday as well.

But that's just because all the best Welsh players are English.

Oh look! A Celt moaning about the English. Shall we put them in the store with the rest of them?

To TRF Olly

Don't know what BBC you were watching but for France v Ireland they had 2 Irish and 1 Frenchman in studio with Gabby Logan. 1 Irish, 1 English and 1 Welshman in commentary. For Wales v Scotland they had 1 Welsh, 1 Scot and 1 English with John Inverdale in Studio and 2 Scots and 1 Welsh in commentary.
For today, I've counted 7 English throughout the ITV coverage and 1 token Italian. Nick Mullins as commentator was at least somewhat neutral.
Don't know how you work out that best Welsh players are English either.

- - - Updated - - -

Not moaning about the English just biased and poor coverage from ITV. They did the same in the World Cup

I like when you use the term Celt, it disassociates almost the entire population of Ireland from your dismissive post!

Well the Welsh and Scots do so love to self-identify as Celts and turn everything into a noble Celtic brotherhood vs the evil tyranny of Anglo-Saxon English arrogance.

Well the Welsh and Scots do so love to self-identify as Celts and turn everything into a noble Celtic brotherhood vs the evil tyranny of Anglo-Saxon English arrogance.
Aye, I never really got that, associating with the Scots or Welsh is just putting yourself down!!
Typical Irish me me me me me attitude.
Normans brought it bro.

For today, I've counted 7 English throughout the ITV coverage and 1 token Italian. Nick Mullins as commentator was at least somewhat neutral

Amen brother. Given the hordes of ex-Italian internationals working in the English-speaking media in the UK, and given how the ITV coverage was broadcast across Italy, it's nothing short of scandalous.

It's refreshing to finally have someone saying it like it is on this forum. Too often we English are allowed to get away with our rampant arrogance because no one has the guts to stand up to us.

Again, which BBC are you watching. Until this season, Eddie Butler (Welsh) mainly commentated on the England games so couldn't show much bias towards Wales.

Jiffy Davies is pro Welsh, I would agree, but would argue that as the analyst he will show good and bad from anybody. If you were to watch Scrum V you would also see his criticism of Wales especially post World Cup and our inability to score tries especially against 13 Australians

:lol: just shows bias towards anyone but England instead.

Even if he was totally fair and unbiased, he'd still be a massive pretentious **** and he'd still be an incompetent commentator.

Eddie Butler is not a good example of anything.

I always associated the Irish more with the French.

And where do most words in English come from if not French??

For example, every word finishing in ..ion is the same in English except three!!!

......just asking!!!!

It's about a third Germanic, a third Latin, and a third French - give or take 1-2% here and there.
The grammar of English is also far more Germanic than anything else afaik.

In a conversation with other English speakers - you are likely to be primarily using Germanic vocabulary.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts