• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I've got a question

M

munross

This question is mainly aimed at woosaah and kingwilko or anyone else you would be able to help/give answers

Would it be possible to make patches like the MUP, Top 14, SANZAR + AirNZ Cup ect. in an .exe form where the installer installs all the files to the correct location (mainly the Rugby 08 main folder) and then when you don't want that patch anymore or you want to install another patch you can just un-install the patch again to avoid conflict with certain files....

I've seen that the some guys that make patches for the FIFA series uses this method, which is kinda easy and simple...just install and un-install the patches

So do you guys think it would be possible for our Rugby game?

Cheers
Ross

Oh yeah, it would be easy enough to do. I did it for BLIC05 using a batch file but it would be simple enough to write a wee program that moved files from a temporary folder into the main directory when needed. That's actually the method my referee kit changer uses. Just copies and pastes the files you need when you select the patch you want.
I'll try and have a look at this over the weekend because although it's simple it's also pretty time-consuming and I'm back at work on Monday.

Thanks Colin!

Knew I could count on you for some help on this, your the man :bravo:

Cheers
Ross

You'd have to write something rather than find something 3rd party tbh.

Hey Colin I found a nifty little program which lets you create a .exe file,called "Install Creator" made by Clickteam.

Link:Install Creator

Very easy to use, can create an un-installer too and its free,don't know what you think about it?

Cheers
Ross

I played around abit with the Install Creator thingy and made a .exe from rugbyfrench's Top14 patch to give a preview of what can be done...

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Ross

I've used it before. If you can get it to do what you want then go for it but I thought you wanted an app to actually let you switch between the various installed patches.

Oh okay that would probably much better if you could do something like that...

Would be greatly appriciated

Cheers
Ross

i used install creator for my universe at war mod, if u need help just give me a shout cus i know that program relatively well :D

It would be really easy to create a patch in .exe format using install creator. You could also install several patches at the same ime using the same .exe file without any problems.

It's very an good idea.

You also thought of installing the files ".ros" at the same time in another file? Is it possible?

Cheers
Rugbyfrench

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rugbyfrench @ Jan 3 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's very an good idea.

You also thought of installing the files ".ros" at the same time in another file? Is it possible?

Cheers
Rugbyfrench
[/b]

Don't know if it is possible, think the best would be to create a seperate installer for the .ros file because all the files in one installer only can install to one location.

But I think kingwilko's idea would be the best for "installing" the patches to the main folder where you "move" the patches in and out of the main folder,would be very handy :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USA_Rugby10 @ Jan 3 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It would be really easy to create a patch in .exe format using install creator. You could also install several patches at the same ime using the same .exe file without any problems.[/b]

Off you go then. The problem, as stated, is swapping files over.
Your way you would need a large install file for each one containing all the files. My way the entire app would be about 100kb and would swap files round including the rosters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Jan 3 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USA_Rugby10 @ Jan 3 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be really easy to create a patch in .exe format using install creator. You could also install several patches at the same ime using the same .exe file without any problems.[/b]

Off you go then. The problem, as stated, is swapping files over.
Your way you would need a large install file for each one containing all the files. My way the entire app would be about 100kb and would swap files round including the rosters.
[/b][/quote]

Please still do it your way kingwilko, the swapping around thing would be much better then to install and un-install the patches I think :bravo:

Sorry, done nothing on this and back at work tomorrow...
I'll see what I can get done in the next few weeks but I'm likely to be up to my ears with evaluations and forward plans.

HI,

I have a problem with "Install Creator".

I use "Windows Vista" and I don't manage to program installation so that everyone can install a roster (file .ros)

At home that functions but not at the others because the way of installation is: "C:\Users\Mypseudo\Documents\EA SPORTS ™ Rugby 08"

How to make so that functions for everyone? Does there exist a special function for this problem? How to replace the pseudo one by something universal?

For download "Install Creator":
- http://www.infos-du-net.com/telecharger/in...,0301-6502.html
- http://www.clickteam.com/frn/installcreator.php

By Rugbyfrench

rugbyfrench

I'm using XP but I'm sure this will work on Vista too,

In the "Installation Directory" tab delete all the text and select the "My Documents directory" from the drop-down menu, then you should see this:#MyDocuments#
now add this after that:\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\TOP14.ros so that you see this: #MyDocuments#\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\TOP14.ros

then click on preview and the full installation directory should appear like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Ross\My Documents\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\TOP14.ros

hope this helps

Cheers
Ross

Thank you, thank you, thank you Intercept King JdV,

I will be able to create and propose a new mode of play sympathetic nerve to knowing the " mode DEFI" including a new roster with a level hard and developing by Pageski.

If you want I will send the bond when it's finished.

Rugbyfrench

Latest posts