Jack signs with Tasman

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by woosaah, Jun 7, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3693088a1823,00.html

surprised no1 said anything about this already big news i th ink and a bit of a coup for tasman

might help them compete in the air new zealand cup

just a little more

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

4. esoj

esoj Guest

um yeah woosash dude. I put in in the transfers 2007 thread that is pinned.

5. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah well thats stupid

mainly because this is for this year which we are in 2006 and not 2007 thats why i didnt even look at that

6. Well, not meaning to interfere, but I wouldn't have found it elsewhere. It's deserving of it's own thread in my book.

This thread is a good place to discuss what such transfers will do for the AirNZ NPC.

What a strong competition it will be across the board, should a few more of these transfers happen.

You can pool talent in one union and it's good for that union, but this could mean a more diverse and meaningful competition.

Great move Tasman! I hope this somewhat weakens the Canterbury Colossus.

7. woosaah

woosaah Guest

jack woudlnt play much for canterbury anyway

but saying that it does weeken them for the end of the competition, the business end.

8. esoj

esoj Guest

well look next time. I didn't put in here because we will just need up with threads for each new signing so I decided to put in an existing thread about transfers. and this transfer does affect 2007 as well because jack signed for 2 years for tasman.

this transfer doesn't really do anything to weaken canterbury. if jack had moved to a team outside of the crusaders region it would have for sure.

9. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Good to see someone proving still more people wrong...... :rolleyes:

Still, last I heard opinions were still allowed....right or wrong.

10. woosaah

woosaah Guest

well its still worth its own thread

hell, its chris jack, the giant penis

11. esoj

esoj Guest

meh whatever.

12. 187

187 Guest

it's good he's moved unions but kinda stink he won't play much as opposed to collins playing for northland, he'll play a heck of alot more for them. where are the tasman orcas based anyway?
    i reckon wellington shud give up nonu or smith to manawatu or sumthin until umaga fully retires. i hope tamati ellison gets more game time at 1st 5, i think he has the potential to be a better fly half than gopperth.

13. EVOL

EVOL Guest

tasman MAKOS are based here in marlborough and nelson, I'm still hearing aaron maugers name thrown around town to possibly sign for us

14. woosaah

woosaah Guest

didnt u get nathan mauger? or was that someone else?

15. esoj

esoj Guest

I think hawkes bay got nathan mauger.

16. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yep your right (its a few threads down i posted that like weeks ago :D)

17. rugbyballs

rugbyballs Guest

I did heard we may be getting a back from Canterbury and I've heard Mauger's name thrown around as well, though I don't think it's possible unless they have changed the rules, only one current All Black could be signed a season. That's how we ended up with Gear because Canterbury had already signed Tuiali'i. Still maybe from next season.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!