• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

jaguares 2018

It's a tricky question to answer. I don't have any numbers to back up either side here.
On paper yes, you can appeal to a broader audience by having more time zones, but in my experience, people who follow rugby tend to have some sort of routine.
You go to the pub with friends within a certain time frame. Having to follow your own team through 4+ time zones (distant ones!) is hardly convenient.
It's not only a logistical nightmare for the players, you REALLY need to wanna watch the games in order to adjust to the schedule. Again, if you are in one city, your team's games can go from 5 am in the morning to 1 am at night.

In most euro cities they only show SR at the pubs when it's being played in South Africa, and it's 100% time zone related. Early in the morning bars are closed and after 10 pm no one cares about sports. Some bars open early for the rugby championship (Aus vs NZ game), but hardly any bar will open early for you to watch i.e. Blues vs Chiefs.

Yeah well what are the other options? Arg, SA and NZ on their own could never keep their players. Their economies are not large enough. Currie cup, NPC and NdC could never compete with established European money. Not Aus in the current state of rugby union either. Together they have a scale at which to compete and build from.

All of these unions are on record as to wanting to keep their players. Roux and Tew have both said that exact thing and Arg has the strict selection policy.

They need to hold firm.

Quizas es mi sesgo, pero son horribles o es idea mia? La de la primera temporada (la match) me encanto, el resto, meh...

Can you guys help me with a potential starting line-up for the Jaguares, at least in the beginning of the season?

This is what I'd guess:

2. Creevy/Montoya rotation

4. Allemano
5. Lavanini
6. Lezana
7. Matera
8. Senatore/Kremer?
9. Cubelli when fit, otherwise? I here Landajo is out of favour.
10. Sanchez, who is second choice? Bonilla? Iglesias
11. Moyano
12. De la Fuente
13. Orlando
14. Boffelli
15 Tuculet

More or less accurate?

Jags fans, are you optimistic about this season or do you think it'll be the same old?

Can you guys help me with a potential starting line-up for the Jaguares, at least in the beginning of the season?

This is what I'd guess:

2. Creevy/Montoya rotation

4. Allemano
5. Lavanini
6. Lezana
7. Matera
8. Senatore/Kremer?
9. Cubelli when fit, otherwise? I here Landajo is out of favour.
10. Sanchez, who is second choice? Bonilla? Iglesias
11. Moyano
12. De la Fuente
13. Orlando
14. Boffelli
15 Tuculet

More or less accurate?

yep its more or less it
as you pointed the first row are a mistery, both tetaz and arregui are fit. but ledesma added a few new front rowers to the team
here a google translate txt on the new jags players
both delguy and canceliere have chances imo.

Sebastián Cancelliere:
He jumped from Argentina XV to the Pumas in November, without going through the Jaguars. He earned his place for what was done in Hindi and responded well to England, Italy and Ireland. The opportunity awaited him and, at 24 years old, he capitalized it. Now you must ratify it with the Jaguars shirt.

Bautista Delguy: One of the promises of the Argentine rugby that is taking all the steps: two Youth World Championships, Argentina XV, Pumas 7s and now Jaguars. Product of the inexhaustible quarry of Pucara backs, hinted what he is capable of doing in the friendly against Argentina XV, where he was the figure and scored two tries. With 20 years old, he is the youngest of the squad.

Santiago Álvarez: As Delguy did the whole journey within the system, but it took a little longer to arrive. With 24 recently completed, it is still a good project. Bahiense, was formed in Sociedad Sportiva before moving to ALMOST at 18. You can play center, wing or fullback. It starts with a disadvantage and was not included in the first tour.

Nicolás Leiva: One of the revelations of the last Top 12 of the URBA. He started the year as a hooker in the pre-intermediate and when he went to play the right prop, he exploded. Key in the conquest of Hindu, was Argentine champion with Buenos Aires and won the call in the preselection that made Ledesma, without going through the system. At 24 years old, more is what he has to learn than what he can contribute.

Juan Pablo Zeiss
: The most surprising name. Like Leiva, he is the right prop and he won the position in the preselection of December, but he was not known to the general public, since he played in the third division of the URBA tournament. Barilochense and trained in Pehuenes, he traveled to Buenos Aires for 9 years to study cooking and play in the club of Zona Oeste. He is 28 years old.

Franco Brarda
: Another right prop, with a long trajectory in Argentina XV. Cordobés, 24 years old, integrates into Tala one of the most powerful packs in the country. An injury forced him to train differentiated almost all the preseason and did not travel to South Africa.

Javier Díaz: Another prop, but left. He was invited to the start of the preseason in Jaguares, although he was later relegated to Argentina XV. He played last Saturday in Los Angeles against the USA. and García Botta's injury reopened the door and traveled to South Africa. Tucumano de Natación y Gimnasia, played the 2015 World Youth Championship and is 22 years old

@Welshdragon2000 : ill be the same old..

Two players who I didn't mention are Moroni (who I don't rate), and Bautista Ezcurra (who I do rate), are they likely to be starting ahead of anyone above?
It's kind of hard to call the backline, I imagine Sanchez/De la Fuente/Tuculet are nailed on 10/12/15, but past that.

Bofelli can play 15, and I hear is a long term prospect for 13?
B Ezcurra played wing last year but is listed as centre.
Moyano can also play 15.
Moroni and Orlando can both play wing out centre.

Yes I'm blatantly fishing for fantasy but I'm still interested :D.

Two players who I didn't mention are Moroni (who I don't rate), and Bautista Ezcurra (who I do rate), are they likely to be starting ahead of anyone above?
moroni and ezcurra are injurierd

It's kind of hard to call the backline, I imagine Sanchez/De la Fuente/Tuculet are nailed on 10/12/15, but past that.
sanchez is the one to watch cos hes been lousy lately. his kicking went down.
Bofelli can play 15, and I hear is a long term prospect for 13?
didnt kmow about turning him 13
B Ezcurra played wing last year but is listed as centre.
he is centre who can play wing
Moyano can also play 15.
yes
Moroni and Orlando can both play wing out centre.
yes
i hope we had this kind of truouble in our first row

Yes I'm blatantly fishing for fantasy but I'm still interested :D.
good luck!!

Jags fans, are you optimistic about this season or do you think it'll be the same old?
I'll try to put feelings aside. Let's see the first 3 games:

Stormers vs Jaguares
Lions vs Jaguares
Jaguares vs Hurricanes

Call me a pessimist, but chances are we'll lose all three, two of them by quite a margin. Temperamental as we are, starting the season with a 0-0-3 record will hurts us (a lot imo) mentally.

Asume the Lions have the edge on our conference, so the main competition we face to get the second spot are the Sharks and the Stormers. Look at their first 3 games.

Stormers first 3 games
vs us, in RSA
vs Waratahs, in Aus
vs Crusaders

Odds are the get 2 out of 3

Sharks first 3 games
vs Lions
vs Waratahs
vs Sunwolves

same as above, 2 out of 3.

When you look at the table, just after 3 games each, the difference will be big already. And uphill battle is the last thing we need.

Additionally, in the past, we've lost every 50-50 game we played, every-single-one. We won, comfortably all the easy games but when the decisive ones came up (vs Sharks last season) we chocked. We can sugar coat it, but that's pretty much what happened.
We need to be second in our group to be on the safe side, and i don't see that happening. We could beat Stormers/Lions/Sharks on our best day, but all 3 of them would beat us on an average day.
Kindly note i am seriously underestimating the Bulls in the above analysis. I did so to simplify the analysis, not because i think they are bad. If they decide to show up (last season they did not, injuries didn't help) we could very well end last in our conference and bottom 2-3 out of Super Rugby.

I sincerely hope i am 100% wrong, but i am a numbers guy and this is what the numbers (strongly) suggest to me.

Good thing of playing tough matches at the start is that teams are a bit rusty and that work for US. In past years we had close results in the first 8 matches of the season while in the last 8 either we won or lost by a margin. If we can take 1 of those 3 and lose with bonus in the other 2 we´ll be fine i think.

@FNS optimista!! no lo hubiera pensado :)

HAHA yeah at the beginning i get my hope train loaded up xD. Also is not that crazy to take a few bonus points.

ps. By mid season i probably will be asking for all UAR heads.

Bulls beat Jaguares 21-12.
Kindly note i am not issuing any opinion at all, but merely stating a fact.
Last thing i want is to be called a pessimist before the season even starts.

Latest posts