• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jaguares Out Of Super Rugby?

We knew they were out for 2020 because of Covid 19, but this article say's they're out for 2021 as well.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/20...3DFuSBCI6saqneNomJRCJe1evaGckxLYQzzWoQMJ5m2G4

Here's another story regarding the Jaguares and Argentine rugby players.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/20...PugJlN_tROIA_pu6DfB_xsAXXd-SUVmqveQxfygkIrd1s

Yeah, those articles are doing the rounds in South Africa as well.

Guess it's inevitable with international travel being limited/non-existent.

Yeah, those articles are doing the rounds in South Africa as well.

Guess it's inevitable with international travel being limited/non-existent.

Since the Sunwolves won't be apart of the upcoming Aussie teams competition their SupeRugby days are over. I'll miss the Sunwolves. They didn't win often, but they always played hard and they had good fan support in Tokyo. I hope they sign on with one of the Japanese leagues, the fans deserve to see their team keep playing.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/20...P3DTurMIkwqTG-KT1axbTX2mfh8mzq3zQv5KNsOLFLyF4

Last edited:
So the Sunwolves are done, but we knew that was going to happen. And the Jaguares are most likely done with SupeRugby as well, which is a shame because they were really good. Maybe the Western Force will be invited back since they'll be playing in the upcoming SupeRugby Aussie teams competition. Hmmm? o_O

Last edited:
yeah, i'll miss the sunwolves, they had some great results last years, beating the Tahs in sydney and chiefs in hamilton

If Jags players leave for Europe then I will miss the competitiveness of the Jaguares, the 2019 finalists.

So the Sunwolves are done, but we knew that was going to happen. And the Jaguares are most likely done with SupeRugby as well, which is a shame because they were really good. Maybe the Western Force will be invited back since they'll be playing in the upcoming SupeRugby Aussie teams competition. Hmmm? o_O

It will be a really good idea to have the Western Force return.

pretty sure i saw the force we're in talks to be included, WA has some pretty strict border restrictions due to COVID though so that might make things difficult or at least mean they have to play out of WA

It's not that the Jaguares want to be done with Super Rugby though. It's that because of the pandemic and that they are the only Americas team involved, it's nearly impossible for them to join up for the foreseeable future. They are apparently in talks with SARU to look at the possibility of their inclusion in the Currie Cup, like they were last year. But that can only happen if international travel will be allowed in either country.

Quesada left Jaguares and goes back to SF. Rumours of Montoya leaving too.

Quesada left Jaguares and goes back to SF. Rumours of Montoya leaving too.

I enjoyed watching the Jaguares play, they were very good. It's not guaranteed that they're finished with SupeRugby, but it looks that way. Maybe they'll go with SLAR?

Last edited:
Sunwolves back in? You must be high. o_O

At least possible. Australia, Aotearoa, Japan, and a Pacific Islands team?
Japan should have a 8-team professional competition, 3 of which are from Samoa, Tonga and Fiji.

And for a reunification of Samoa (Independent Samoa and American Samoa)!

At least possible. Australia, Aotearoa, Japan, and a Pacific Islands team?
Japan should have a 8-team professional competition, 3 of which are from Samoa, Tonga and Fiji.

And for a reunification of Samoa (Independent Samoa and American Samoa)!

It's your buzz, so enjoy your fantasy trip. o_O

Latest posts