• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jaguares To Play In SLAR

Glad they have a Tournament to play in, would've been a waste if not.
I agree. Also, the winner of SLAR will play the winner of MLR in a Champions match at the end of their seasons which will run concurrently. And that game will be in Mexico City.

I agree. Also, the winner of SLAR will play the winner of MLR in a Champions match at the end of their seasons which will run concurrently. And that game will be in Mexico City.
I remember they announced that for the first season, but I didnt read anything on that now, glad the final match is still on if thats the case

have the Jaguares been effected much? do they largely have the same squad/coaches etc?

have the Jaguares been effected much? do they largely have the same squad/coaches etc?
Most of the Jaguares players from their Super Rugby days have signed with other teams. And I think that applies for the coaches as well.

Last edited:
Most of the Jaguares players from their Super Rugby days have signed with other teams. And I think that applies for the coaches as well.
So when we say the jags it's really just on paper, everything we saw In The super rugby final is gone :(

So when we say the jags it's really just on paper, everything we saw In The super rugby final is gone :(
Yes, for the most part. It's a bummer, because they were really good. A lot of those former Jaguares signed with teams outside of South America.

Last edited:
Yes, for the most part. It's a bummer, because they were really good. A lot of those former Jaguares signed with teams outside of South America.
yeah, a real waste of the progress they made over the least couple of years, proved it can be done i guess

well I watched every match and I have to say that its doesnt work at all to have only one argentine team, we are not talking of the best players here the top tier and the level below them is playing overseas, the other teams have a lot of argentine players and still, jaguares won every match by 60+ points. whats the point of a league like this? I would like to see at least 4 teams from argentina, but there are talking of adding one more from brazil and uruguay, chile, or even one from mexico, spain or portugal. this tournament is dissapointing as argentina only profesional option.

ps: it looks like there are not doing the final match with the MLR winner either, or at least there are no news about it

well I watched every match and I have to say that its doesnt work at all to have only one argentine team, we are not talking of the best players here the top tier and the level below them is playing overseas, the other teams have a lot of argentine players and still, jaguares won every match by 60+ points. whats the point of a league like this? I would like to see at least 4 teams from argentina, but there are talking of adding one more from brazil and uruguay, chile, or even one from mexico, spain or portugal. this tournament is dissapointing as argentina only profesional option.

ps: it looks like there are not doing the final match with the MLR winner either, or at least there are no news about it
I agree with you and hope they add more teams in Argentina, otherwise most everyone will get bored with it like you have. Blowing out the competition every week loses it's luster pretty fast. I figured the Jaguares would be the SLAR champs, but I didn't think win every match by that much. Especially since the most talented Argentine players aren't even involved. And yes, Covid-19 protocol has put an end to the match with the MLR champ for this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts