• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Haskell - How disrespectful is this....

How dare a budding young rugby player give himself the best chance of making it as a pro by going to as many trials as he was eligible for and then choosing one of the teams he'd trialled for when it was time to make the decision!

I for one am shocked by the arrogance of the guy.

How dare a budding young rugby player give himself the best chance of making it as a pro by going to as many trials as he was eligible for and then choosing one of the teams he'd trialled for when it was time to make the decision!

And it is entirely the fault of a 17 year old for abusing procedure in the simplest way possible, not the fault of the incompetent union.

Arrest him!

And it is entirely the fault of a 17 year old for abusing procedure in the simplest way possible, not the fault of the incompetent union.

Arrest him!

Yeah its not that though is it girls? Its the almost micky taking way he dismissively treats the expenses thing - knowing what he's done is morally corrupt. And as for the way he talks about his 90 yr old grandmother - just all leaves bad taste in the mouth that's all. I wonder what he's doing now!

Yeah its not that though is it girls? Its the almost micky taking way he dismissively treats the expenses thing - knowing what he's done is morally corrupt. And as for the way he talks about his 90 yr old grandmother - just all leaves bad taste in the mouth that's all. I wonder what he's doing now!
It's literally only the WRU's fault, he was a kid. God forbid he tells a joke about his granny.

Not his fault the WRU is run like a **** show.

Haskell he's earning more money than any of us, whilst playing a sport we love and would be desperate to play at the level he does.
All whilst he is building a successful brand off field for his time after rugby, including a successful podcast, TV work and popular instagram.

What a nobody amirite.

Sums up how **** the exiles program is, and how desperate Wales are for English born talent.

Its actually irrelevant where the video was posted though surely?

Is and it isn't.

The story is for the podcast audience who's perspective will be different to the Walesonline one.

Walesonline influences the story with their filler.

For example Walesonline writes.
James Haskell has lifted the lid on how he cashed in on the generosity of the Welsh Rugby Union while having trials for their Exiles Under-18s side.

Oh look 17 year old english thug steals loving WRU money.

Or I could write.
James Haskell has lifted the lid on how WRU use money and grandparents to try and backmail them into playing for Wales!!!!!!!
Find out more in the Tigs Man online.

LOL my sides are aching from laughing.

You laugh.
But I'm guessing you don't really have a understanding on how much money they can generate do you.
Haskell could prob earn at least £3K from one Instagram post, promoting a product.

Also it having a large instagram following helps bump up your sponsorship price, for example Under Armour for Hask.

The Podcast would prob earn him the same as a pundit job also.

You laugh.
But I'm guessing you don't really have a understanding on how much money they can generate do you.
Haskell could prob earn at least £3K from one Instagram post, promoting a product.

Also it having a large instagram following helps bump up your sponsorship price, for example Under Armour for Hask.

The Podcast would prob earn him the same as a pundit job also.
Don't know if I'd want to be a pro rugby player because you'd be broken mentally upon retirement and physically not long after. (7s would be the dream!)

But God if I flaunt my sexy bod for money on the gram, that'd be class!

Don't know if I'd want to be a pro rugby player because you'd be broken mentally upon retirement and physically not long after. (7s would be the dream!)

But God if I flaunt my sexy bod for money on the gram, that'd be class!

Let's be real the one player we all want to really be is
BoweTommy-beach.jpg

In all honesty, even if he had of chosen to play for Wales, which would've been a real mercenary decision given how bloody 'English' he is... I'm not sure he would have broken up the Lyds, Warburton & Faletau triumvirate (unless he was willing to drastically change his game that is).

I think it worked out the best for both parties... and the exiles program is always a bit of a gamble.

Arrest him!

He was 17 when he did what he did. But I'd argue that even a 5 yr old knows right from wrong. He was not 17 when he boasted about it on video for all to see. And if he is as savvy in social media as is being made out, he should know that SM can make you and break you. This makes me laugh, it reminds me of all of the bullies coming out to stick up for the one big bully. I don't know Haskell, he might well be a nice guy, but he's a dick for making that video - and that very video could come back to haunt him. As you ALL know it could.

Latest posts