• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jamie Lyon is the best player in the world

W

Wally

Interesting to see that when Lyon was playing in the English Super League he was described by someone at this forum, who I won't name to save him the embarrassment, as the best player in the world and better than Meninga. However now that he's back in the NRL in the same position he is little more than a solid footballer. This tells you that that 1 the NRL is far superior, 2 St Helens if full of **** or 3 and the most likely scenario, it is both 1 and 2.

Jesus wally. Thought you were being serious till I read that post. Brett Stewart from his own side shits over him. We'll ignore the fact Greg Inglis tore Lyon up in state of origin this year in 1 and a quarter games.

Amen to that! Praiiiise the lord!

The only person who should be likened to Mal Meninga these days is Greg Inglis.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jun 30 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interesting to see that when Lyon was playing in the English Super League he was described by someone at this forum, who I won't name to save him the embarrassment, as the best player in the world and better than Meninga. However now that he's back in the NRL in the same position he is little more than a solid footballer. This tells you that that 1 the NRL is far superior, 2 St Helens if full of **** or 3 and the most likely scenario, it is both 1 and 2.[/b]

The World's Best?

HE?
JamieLyonSaintsRLFC.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some players are better suited to the NRL and some are better suited for SL.

Matt King for instance is pure garbage yet did ok in the NRL.

At Wigan we have a right pair of NRL <strike>stars</strike> donkeys in Tim Smith and Amos Roberts.

Lyon did well at Stains but to be honest I think Gidley is better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jul 1 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

At Wigan we have a right pair of NRL <strike>stars</strike> donkeys in Tim Smith and Amos Roberts.

Lyon did well at Stains but to be honest I think Gidley is better.[/b]

The money is good. But with Visa restrictions NRL players are thinking less about going to UK and UK clubs hopefully start recognising more local talent.

Mick Crocker - Forced to stay in Aus, ends up playing in Queensland's series win
Greg Eastwood - Joins table topping Canterbury

Would you rather money or football success?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jul 1 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lyon did well at Stains but to be honest I think Gidley is better.[/b]
Those players were hardly stars in the NRL, if that's what you're getting at. Tim Smith was never anything special and Amos Roberts had one good year at the Panthers before moving to the Roosters.

On that note... Ephalahame Lauaki (sp?) brother of Sione, finally got his Visa after applying for it for 4 months! apparently he had to prove he could speak english??? wtf!

So Lyon has finally been switched to centre has he?

I don't care how much he got showed up in SOO (incidentally, he didn't even WANT to play), the fact of the matter remains that when he was in the Super League, Lyon was world, world class. I didn't once say he was better than Meninga, considering he was plying his trade before my days, I said that people who had been watching Saints for 20-30-40 years were saying he REMINDED them of Meninga. Massive difference. And considering you boys regard Billy Slater as the best in the world, well..... EPIC FAIL.

Anyway, centres don't tend to shine in the NRL seeing as the ball gets trundled up the middle all the time. Dull, boring and repetetive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jul 4 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So Lyon has finally been switched to centre has he?

I don't care how much he got showed up in SOO (incidentally, he didn't even WANT to play), the fact of the matter remains that when he was in the Super League, Lyon was world, world class. I didn't once say he was better than Meninga, considering he was plying his trade before my days, I said that people who had been watching Saints for 20-30-40 years were saying he REMINDED them of Meninga. Massive difference. And considering you boys regard Billy Slater as the best in the world, well..... EPIC FAIL.

Anyway, centres don't tend to shine in the NRL seeing as the ball gets trundled up the middle all the time. Dull, boring and repetetive.[/b]

Bullshit on two accounts.

Gee a lot of generalisms from everyone, lol. Everything is so subjective when it comes to favourites, there are little facts aside from stats. Which aren't too applicable here, because it's comparing two thoroughly different comps.

From a neutral point of view I'd say in my opinion that the NRL is a superior competition as far as a higher skill level, but I wouldn't say there's a gulf between the two. It's really just noticeable without being massive. The only way you can compare the two comps is when teams from either comp meet each other, which seems to always happen in the NH (nearly all the time) so thats a shame.

Jamie Lyon strikes me as having been a huge talent in the NH, but just a bit better than average in the SH. Average those two out and he's one of those players thats in the top 10-15% of all professional players, but isn't an all time great.

Just my opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 6 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 6 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jul 6 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 5 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bullshit on two accounts.[/b]

0,,6363618,00.jpg

(Image property of The QLD Sunday Mail.)

EPIC FAVOURITES FAIL
[/b][/quote]

I didn't know you were Kiwi

Australia 52-England 4

Latest posts