• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jamie Lyon

W

Wally

I recall St Helens saying this guy was better than Meninga. Over statement of the century. Just goes to show how weak the English competition is.

Amen to that brother.

He had potential when he was younger but has pretty much ****** it all away. This year in the NRL he had the chance to get back to the form of his previous stint here but threw that chance away when he was offered a State of Origin jersey...HE SAID NO!!! He has certainly been solid enough to help Manly to where they are this year but the shining players have been all around him and pushing him along.

*que the controversy*

I recall St Helens saying this guy was better than Meninga. Over statement of the century. Just goes to show how weak the English competition is.
[/b]

Lyon was very good during his tenure in SL just a shame we can't say that about a lot of the dross that gets imported from the NRL.

However.... Meninga is a legend of the game whereas Lyon isn't and never will be outside of the dole office in Stains.

I remember a tour game at Central Park - Wigan v Australia, where our tickets had got lost in the post and we were taken through the players entrance upon arriving at the ground and Meninga was having a massage on the teatment table when we walked past... the guy was a monster!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say it proves the English comp. is weaker (although it prob is hah.) but Lyon at St. Helens was the star playmaker at Manly he's one of many.

No Wally, I said that Lyon is the best player I, me, have seen at Saints - OTHERS older than me say it was Meninga and I have no argument to that as I never saw the man play.

And no wonder Lyon is struggling at Manly - you ignorant c**nts think he played stand off at Saints when he didn't, he played centre. One of the many reasons I DESPISE the NRL to dangerous, dangerous levels.

he just doesn't seem to be the same player on his return to the nrl. maybe it is because he doesn't have to be the big star anymore with guys like stewart producing some magic or because the nrl is a step up in competition. I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. it was always going to be hard for lyon to shine in the nrl when the likes of lockyer and thurston are going around every week.

What do you mean "out of position" its just 13 men in a straight line!! Didn't you see Jed's ARC guide to Rugby League?!

Latest posts