• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Januarie joins Ospreys in loan deal

I hate it, absolutely hate it when clubs buy in average talent from abroad.

Good for him, no doubt he will earn a nice som for it and he gets the expierence as well.

Aaaaaaargh. Only 2 months? I saw the ***le and was holding thumbs for a 2 year deal.

They need cover as Phillips, Nutborm and the 3rd choice is injured (brains gone blank re the name). That's a good short term deal, even if Januarie isn't the best player in the world, he'll do a good job for 2 months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 26 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They need cover as Phillips, Nutborm and the 3rd choice is injured (brains gone blank re the name). That's a good short term deal, even if Januarie isn't the best player in the world, he'll do a good job for 2 months.[/b]

Tom Isaacs is the bloke your looking for!

Shows to me that the Ospreys are unwilling to go with 2 good Neath scrum halves in Farrell and Tom James. Instead of going for this guy surely for the benefit of the region they should have gone with Welsh based players although Farrell is a Kiwi id rather have seen him play.

Apparently he usually hits form in the first month of each year... Then he slowly gets worse, and then plays well again in the first month of the next year... >_>

I wasn't aware that Januarie had gotten that bad. Oh well, he will probably do a job over here in the magners league.

Perhaps the one true region :)lol:) should be looking inwards rather than raping Cuddy's cheque book all the time.

They've signed him because they didn't have a Heinkein Cup-registered Scrum Half amongst their ranks besides Shane Williams. Shane now being injured, it means they're left with just one SH...

what happened to Rhys Webb?
i didnt think he was injured but must be....

Yeah, Rhys Webb is injured.
They have Liam Davis, bringing in Januarie and i even read in the mirror the other day that as an emergency back up they're looking to JAMES HOOK to play scrum half in his 5th position this year if necessary.
We're struggling!

hmmm

when Shane Williams comes back then he can play scrum half if needed

But until then we only have on Heiniken Cup-registered Scrum Half, who doesn't even arrive in the country until next week...

Latest posts