Status
Not open for further replies.

RWC2011Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Ireland
Given that Japan are hosting the tournament in 2019, am I right in assuming that they are given automatic qualification regardless of how they perform in 2019? If this is the case, I have a couple of questions:

- Will there be an opportunity for another team from Asia to attend the World Cup? Or will Asian qualifying simply not go ahead for 2019?

- Suppose Japan place third in their group in 2015 and Pool B finishes up like, say, 1. South Africa, 2. Scotland, 3. Japan, 4. Samoa, 5. USA. Since Japan have already got automatic qualification anyway, does that mean Samoa would be handed a spot in 2019 or would they have to go through qualifying?

I know Eddie Jones has been talking a lot about making the quarter finals but despite their current world ranking, I still can't see it. They did beat Italy in June, but then again everyone did. I guess all it takes is for one of the big guns to falter, like Ireland and Wales in 2007, although Wales weren't exactly fantastic going into that tournament, if I recall. It'll be interesting to see where Scotland are at under Vern Cotter next year.

Given that Japan are hosting the tournament in 2019, am I right in assuming that they are given automatic qualification regardless of how they perform in 2019? If this is the case, I have a couple of questions:

- Will there be an opportunity for another team from Asia to attend the World Cup? Or will Asian qualifying simply not go ahead for 2019?

- Suppose Japan place third in their group in 2015 and Pool B finishes up like, say, 1. South Africa, 2. Scotland, 3. Japan, 4. Samoa, 5. USA. Since Japan have already got automatic qualification anyway, does that mean Samoa would be handed a spot in 2019 or would they have to go through qualifying?

I know Eddie Jones has been talking a lot about making the quarter finals but despite their current world ranking, I still can't see it. They did beat Italy in June, but then again everyone did. I guess all it takes is for one of the big guns to falter, like Ireland and Wales in 2007, although Wales weren't exactly fantastic going into that tournament, if I recall. It'll be interesting to see where Scotland are at under Vern Cotter next year.

It will work exactly as all the countries who hosted the world cup,they're automatically qualified as host country,for another asian country in the world cup it depends how qualification rounds and playoff matches will go,but it's a little bit too soon to talk about it now

The 2019 World Cup in Japan must be cancelled. I hope that the 2019 World Cup will be held in Oceania or Europe. Japan must be purged from international sports like South Africa under the Apartheid. And Japan's national anthem must be banned as offensive, like Nazi songs.

The 2019 World Cup in Japan must be cancelled. I hope that the 2019 World Cup will be held in Oceania or Europe. Japan must be purged from international sports like South Africa under the Apartheid. And Japan's national anthem must be banned as offensive, like Nazi songs.

That sounds racist! :mad:

look like thats a ban

what next ?

What did the Japanese do to you?

As for the actual question, Japan qualifies automatically I think and the next best in Asia will probably have to settle for the Repechage. I can't see where they'd find another spot for the Asian champion but I'm not expert on the subject. We'll have to wait and see how the 2015 RWC goes before we get our questions answered.

Last edited:
Sige is Japanese.

People need to understand that Sige isn't a troll, he's either just incredibly stupid, or he has some sort of impulsive disorder which makes him post what he does.

Ignore him.

Ah he's explained his anti-Japan stuff a few times on here. Something to do with Japan apparently having a racist agenda vs the People's Republic of Korea (I got a row off him for calling it North Korea) and it's expat community in Japan - where half of its bloody income comes from!

I've asked for proof of the claims of assassination and illegal arrests and repression, can't say I got all that much.

It's been dealt with lads, now we can stick to the topic at hand.

I strongly protest the ban and ridiculous charge of being "racist" on me.
There is nothing "racist" in my criticism of Japanese imperialism. I am a Japanese national with ethnically Korean origin. Every Korean living in Japan knows that Japan is a racist state. Japanese colonialism is still alive in its repressions on the Koreans and other minorities, like the Orange state in the occupied 6-County area of Ireland.
I demand that the administrators drop the ridiculous charge of being "racist" on me.

I strongly protest the ban and ridiculous charge of being "racist" on me.
There is nothing "racist" in my criticism of Japanese imperialism. I am a Japanese national with ethnically Korean origin. Every Korean living in Japan knows that Japan is a racist state. Japanese colonialism is still alive in its repressions on the Koreans and other minorities, like the Orange state in the occupied 6-County area of Ireland.
I demand that the administrators drop the ridiculous charge of being "racist" on me.
its quite fair to be honest there is no excuse for racism anywhere no matter where your from

I didn't say you were racist Sige, the issue was you accusing others of being racist.
If you care to discuss this further, PM the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts