• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan RWC 2019

Hi

Newbie to forum and in UK. I am planning to go to all England pool games and the two group winners/runners up games in Oita. Applied and was only successful for Sapporo Eng v Tonga. Was surprised at charges I think 3100 on a 5000 yen ticket. Is that charge the same for every ticket you successfully get? So if you apply for 4 tickets do their charge 4 x 3100 for delivery etc? Fingers crossed for the Sept/Jan ballots. Airbnb seems to be cheapest route as most hostels/hotels are showing as not available.

H

e-tickets delivery was 500

e-tickets delivery was 500
Hi Tigs Man

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was expecting an e ticket but there was not an option in my application (I may have mucked it up) but certainly not in my account set up. I have emailed the ticket support so hopefully they can help otherwise I will have to take a hit on it.

Hi all newbie here, I've secured my England tickets bar the Argentina game in Tokyo which I'll try for in September. Interested in travel hints and tips and closer to the games rugby friendly bars etc. I'm flying to Sapporo via Seoul as I've got enough miles to get me to Seoul and back and was thinking at the end of the games (I finish after the 2 x Quarter Finals) that I'll get ferry back to Korea. Most of the internal I was going to use the train and the special Japanese visitors pass. Any ideas for side trips etc. would be welcomed. Also any information on hotels.
I am a Wasps fan BTW.

Welcome to the group Alan.
I'm in the same situation with the Argentina game.

I guess there was high demand for that game and lots of Argentinians are passionate about sport. I'll keep trying! I'm planning to go if I can.

I've managed to books hotels already in Kyoto and Osaka.
It's been a real eye opener looking at accommodation.
So far I've avoided the use of a Love Hotel!
But the choice can be bewildering.
As long as I can put my feet under the table, I'm happy.
But there again does the accommodation include a trouser press, slippers and a Karaoke.

I've managed to books hotels already in Kyoto and Osaka.
It's been a real eye opener looking at accommodation.
So far I've avoided the use of a Love Hotel!
But the choice can be bewildering.
As long as I can put my feet under the table, I'm happy.
But there again does the accommodation include a trouser press, slippers and a Karaoke.

How have you managed to book so far in advance if you don't mind me asking? Everywhere I've looked it says too far out.

How have you managed to book so far in advance if you don't mind me asking? Everywhere I've looked it says too far out.

25/09 - 30/09 5 nights in Kyoto and using it as a base to go to games in Kobe and Osaka.
30/09 - 01/09 1 night in Osaka and I'll go to the game in Kobe.

So Accor and Hyatt are booking that far ahead now albeit not particularly cheap.

So I've booked:

England v USA (Sapporo) - Mecure Sapporo. This was a non-refundable option but I get the feeling things won't get much better, with Australia and England in town the same weekend and reading some things around hotel availability during the snow festival (another time when Sapporo gets busy). It is also a hotel England Rugby Travel are using on some of their tours.

I've then a few days to sort out somewhere before my batch of Kobe and Osaka games where I have reserved the Hyatt Regency in Osaka - unfortunately a bit out of Osaka centre so will require a bit of a mission with either subway or even a taxi to get back from Osaka station after the Kobe games. I do have an AirBnB booked for Kobe but my confidence level of that booking being kept 'good' by the host is low. At least I have a back up if it does go belly up or don't find something more appealing later down the line.

England v Argentina (Tokyo) - not that bothered about sorting yet as there will be ample opportunity crop up.

So all in all got an accommodation plan at least that if nothing else comes up I can use, now just need to sort the flights in a month or so.

Here's my accommodation list, so as to give an indication on prices -
Kyoto - The Garnet Hotel - GBP 101 Per night - Standard Twin Room without breakfast
Osaka - The Rise Osaka Kitashinchi - GBP 58 Per night - Double Room without breakfast
Fukuoka - Randor Residential Hotel - GBP 54 Per night - Standard Twin Room without breakfast
I have a cancellation option for Fukuoka, as I'm hoping to get a better hotel but accommodation is limited there.
New Zealand are playing some 150km away and there are only 6 hotels in the Oita!

So Accor and Hyatt are booking that far ahead now albeit not particularly cheap.

So I've booked:

England v USA (Sapporo) - Mecure Sapporo. This was a non-refundable option but I get the feeling things won't get much better, with Australia and England in town the same weekend and reading some things around hotel availability during the snow festival (another time when Sapporo gets busy). It is also a hotel England Rugby Travel are using on some of their tours.

I've then a few days to sort out somewhere before my batch of Kobe and Osaka games where I have reserved the Hyatt Regency in Osaka - unfortunately a bit out of Osaka centre so will require a bit of a mission with either subway or even a taxi to get back from Osaka station after the Kobe games. I do have an AirBnB booked for Kobe but my confidence level of that booking being kept 'good' by the host is low. At least I have a back up if it does go belly up or don't find something more appealing later down the line.

England v Argentina (Tokyo) - not that bothered about sorting yet as there will be ample opportunity crop up.

So all in all got an accommodation plan at least that if nothing else comes up I can use, now just need to sort the flights in a month or so.

Just a reminder -
General Ticket Sales (Ballot) will start on Wednesday, 19 September at 10:00 (JST)

Application period: 10:00 on Wednesday, 19 September 2018 to 23:59 on Monday, 12 November 2018
Ballot Result Notification: Monday, 26 November 2018

I have a ticket for Scotland v Samoa from the original ballot and looking to get tickets for
England v USA
Argentina v Tonga
Guess we'll be having a Sake somewhere together

I can't afford to go to Japan, so saving myself 2023. Hopefully get lucky in the ballot when that comes around as I want to catch 5ish games whilst touring the country in a camper.

Latest posts