• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jason White to Leave Sale

H

Hall

Sale and Scotland flanker Jason White will leave the club at the end of the season to start a two year deal at Clermont Auvergne.

:mellow:

Fair enough, he's had a good run at Sale.
It's a good place for Scottish players to go, I've always said that.

We've only got two clubs and I think we should have more of a choice, I hope some young Scottish players go to France even for a year or two, the French club game would be a fantastic place to mature and hone your game.

Chris Cussiter has had a good run out there in France so far, I believe he's with Perpignan now?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jan 8 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fair enough, he's had a good run at Sale.
It's a good place for Scottish players to go, I've always said that.

We've only got two clubs and I think we should have more of a choice, I hope some young Scottish players go to France even for a year or two, the French club game would be a fantastic place to mature and hone your game.[/b]

Still, a blow for Sale. Especially with Chabal laving as well.

I reckon it will add something more to his game, when Stephen Jones came back from his stint in France he came back twice the player!

Kinsgley really needs to splash out the cash this Summer if he wants Sale to remain competitive for years to come.
Chabal and White going, McAlister, Bruno and Lamont out of contract... That's a lot of class going out.

I dont know why Clermont would want him he hasnt played well for the last couple of years and Clermont have a pretty decent back-row.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Jan 8 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dont know why Clermont would want him he hasnt played well for the last couple of years and Clermont have a pretty decent back-row.[/b]

He's a talented second row too, good in the line-out and hits hard. I think it's a good idea to have a Flanker-esque player in your engine room, another more agile forward.

Latest posts