• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jerry Collins shock move to Barnstaple second XV!

I now feel guilty for paying out his horrid hair. Rugby needs more professional players like that who don't take themselves that seriously.

He's a good guy alright. Even during the much publicised Reconditioning period he still played for his Norths club anyway. Which he has captained since the age of 19 (an interesting point also supporting JC as a natural leader).

What I really love is how, of all the guys in that team photo, he looks to be the most stoked with it all!

Legend!!

For the kiwis who remember the 2003 semifinal exit against Aus.

Immediately after the defeat as the game analysis began on the field no one in the AB setup fronted up for the media....not Mitchell, not the injured Tana, not the captain....hell who was the captain?

In the end the first guy who fronted up to the camera was....Jerry Collins!!!!! It was he who emotionally apologised to NZ for their defeat.....gee....he wasn't even the captain or anything.....yet he chose to acknowledge the wrath of the NZ public and apologised...where was the captain? Where was the coach? Where were the senior players????? If Jerry hadn't put himself in front of the TV cameras then NZ would have been waiting for ages as everyone else ran to the dark dressing room to hide away.

For the kiwis who remember the 2003 semifinal exit against Aus.

Immediately after the defeat as the game analysis began on the field no one in the AB setup fronted up for the media....not Mitchell, not the injured Tana, not the captain....hell who was the captain?

In the end the first guy who fronted up to the camera was....Jerry Collins!!!!! It was he who emotionally apologised to NZ for their defeat.....gee....he wasn't even the captain or anything.....yet he chose to acknowledge the wrath of the NZ public and apologised...where was the captain? Where was the coach? Where were the senior players????? If Jerry hadn't put himself in front of the TV cameras then NZ would have been waiting for ages as everyone else ran to the dark dressing room to hide away.
[/b]

Booyah! Just shows what a front up guy he is, never shirks away from responsibility, even if it isn't his.

yeah wasnt it jonah who said that jerry was one of a few ABs who actually congratulated France after they beat them in the 1/4's? i mean i understand their pain of losing and exiting the WC but geez thats big of the man!

yeah wasnt it jonah who said that jerry was one of a few ABs who actually congratulated France after they beat them in the 1/4's? i mean i understand their pain of losing and exiting the WC but geez thats big of the man!
[/b]
:wacko: I hope that's sarcasm.

[/b]

Bullshit!! The whole All Black team congratulated and clapped the French off the field and afterward the coach and AB management congratulated them afterward...So it would paye to get facts straightened

I'm hoping you're right there diehardkiwi other wise that would would be the most pathetic thing i've ever read.
Too much of a sore loser to congratulate the winning team?

I don't think anyone in pro rugby is like that.

Yes, when I read this, I thought that he was an awesome guy - but what is even better is that I live about 5 miles from Barnstaple - so whilst he is here playing for them for 5 months, I'm gonna take the opportunity to watch ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Bullshit!! The whole All Black team congratulated and clapped the French off the field and afterward the coach and AB management congratulated them afterward...So it would paye to get facts straightened
[/b][/quote]

thats what lomu said in this interview on channel3 (in nz) during the WC... ive always believed what the man said... my bad

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

thats what lomu said in this interview on channel3 (in nz) during the WC... ive always believed what the man said... my bad
[/b][/quote]

Lomu can be a bit out spoken at times, and I heard him say that also on tv3 in that interview withMike McRoberts (god I hate that guy). It wasn't true though, he meant Collins was the only one to immediately go up and congratulate them individually. But they all (the whole team) did clap them off the park.

Its such a shame that such great kiwi players are deciding to leave NZ to play in Europe. NZRU should do something about that

Its such a shame that such great kiwi players are deciding to leave NZ to play in Europe. NZRU should do something about that [/b]

You do understand he's not made a permanent move to play for an ametuer sides 2nd XV, surely?

Latest posts