• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Joe Marler and other England Looseheads

eot345

Academy Player
I've watched him in a couple of Quins games aswell as for England U20's he looks amazing he is a fantastic scrummager and great with the ball in hand. I think he will be great in a few years when he has put on a few pounds and has had a bit more one on one scrummaging tuition with Jason Leonard. The impact Marler hadin the scrum against Newcastle this week was rediculous.....

so what you guys think potential england prospect?

also any other upcoming loosheads you can think of??

I have mentioned him before but Mako Vunipola for us. He's a machine, good scrummager, gave the Bedford loosehead a torrid time and he carries like a number 8. Will be England starting prop by the 2015 World Cup.

Only worrying thing so far is he tends to spend a lot of time getting treatment but then he gets right back in and carries for more meters

I've been a big fan of Marler since i saw him play for England U20s last 6N.
He made such a massive impace whenever he got the ball, and was more than solid in the scrum. I can't say I've seen him much for the Quins, but it's good to here that he can still scrummage well against "adults" not just U20s
Lee Imiolek is another goodun as well, not quite on Marlers level, but a definate prospect.

I've been a big fan of Marler since i saw him play for England U20s last 6N.
He made such a massive impace whenever he got the ball, and was more than solid in the scrum. I can't say I've seen him much for the Quins, but it's good to here that he can still scrummage well against "adults" not just U20s
Same here. He played against our U20s last year and he totally amongilated us. He does look the real deal, and ESPN were jizzing all over him yesterday.

Same here. He played against our U20s last year and he totally amongilated us. He does look the real deal, and ESPN were jizzing all over him yesterday.

yer it was because he mad such an impact in the scrum.... yes Mako is good but he lacks Fitness he is more of a 40 minuet player

i can see a very good looking england front row in the making with Dan Cole at tight head.

Hopefully Quins will carry on managing Marler as well as we have so far. He's looked pretty damn good in every game so far, Either off the bench or Starting.

Mako Vunipola got minced by the Irish front row in the JWC. Clearly has potential, but has things to learn and a lot of puppy fat to trim.

Marler however is just a little wrong. Fitness notwithstanding, its a matter of when he plays for England not if.

If I was to pick out one other loosehead prop, it woud be Corbierso. Actually a TH, but plays both sides very well and I think is more than capable of the step up.

the fact that Quins value him enough to get him one on one scrumaging tuition with JASON LEONARD makes it clear that he is going to be a great

Latest posts