John Beattie = F*cking W*nker

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by Bullitt, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Hmm. Not exactly sure what he was trying to say. Something between, "I just contradicted myself," and "I just made a point to counter the last point that I made." Oh, those crotchety old Scotsmen!

BTW - Mite, your sig makes me want to leap with joy.

4. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

"The modern game is highly professional - people lose their jobs if they don't win - and yet the Barbarians pay players to take part in exhibition matches."

The players WANTED to play and maybe, just maybe, it was a bit of fun for the players.

5. Finerz

Finerz Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 12 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I agree. In my opinion, because the Baa Baas have no pressure on them to win so play much more exiting and expansive rugby, and take risks. This is more like what rugby should be.

6. candybum

candybum Guest

Is it rugby league?

7. Will

Will Guest

No, it's not as bad as that....

8. RC

RC Guest

So essentially, he said:

"Blah, blah, blah, turned down baabaa's not once, but twice...blah, blah, blah, i just can't watch barbarians."

I couldn't really care what this guy says about the Barbarians.
    Had he moaned about it a few years ago (say early 2000s) when you barely knew half the team - man, i even remember wales thrashing them! - you could have accepted that not many players understood the concept of the baabaa's - especially in the professional era.
    But now, the pro's have started making time for the game, i don't really think he has anything to moan about.

9. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

10. Johno

Johno Guest

Is that guy out of his mind? Its just a team with great players and fun to watch surely?

11. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 14 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    :lol:
    [/b][/quote]

the fact he includes 'scottish rugby player' and 'influential' in the same sentence is worth a lol straightaway.

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

13. Nat

Nat Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 12 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Agreed! Barbarian rugby is rugby in its purest form. I don't think there's every been a crap match. I stand to be corrected.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!