• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

John Beattie - "I'm the biggest Twat in the world"

Wot! Great player, cause of some of Scotland's greatest smash and grabs. Is he the father of the current Beatty? Good player too.

Booing is fine. Crowds entertain themselves.

I personally don't like booing the kicker, silence like in most of Ireland/Britain or the slow hand clap you see in France is much better.

Dissapointing to see the French crowd booing Bergamasco despite France being WAY out of reach at the time today.

I love booing the opposition's kicker!
Booing and shouting insults at him. It's great!

I hate it when they boo the kicker.
I mentioned in the England/Scotland thread, i think the crowd at the Scotland match was terrible for it/just terrible in general (jeering/cheering when an England player went down injured etc.)

Also:
"I was saying Booo-eattie"
tumblr_kv8jaoaztJ1qa4uvjo1_400.jpg

What I hate? The fact that the big screen was constantly showing images of the tiny sections of the crowd that were filled with Scottish kids on a big day out, who'd clearly all been given flags etc. and were cheering because they'd been told to. Judging by the fact they started Mexican waves in the first 10 minutes of the game, they weren't there to watch the rugby.

In fact, I really wasn't a fan of the Murrayfield crowd at all. At least with everyone else who hates England, they actually know their rugby and pack out the stadium for other games. Half the Scots in Murrayfield are there simply because it's England, and don't really give a f*** about the 6 Nations...

Onto Beattie - what a prick. Rugby has a core value of respect from fans, which covers stuff from sitting next to each other in stands to clapping off injured players to remaining silent for kickers. None of the English fans booed Dan Parks when he kicked... again, the booing comes from the Scots there for an Anglophobia-themed pissup rather than the rugby.

Latest posts