Johns only gets 2 weeks

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by woosaah, Aug 17, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3767572a10713,00.html

but of a joke he was lucky to get away with only 2 weeks. still he will be around for the finals, if they make it that is.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Lol PATHETIC. If it was anyone else they would have suspended them for 4 weeks. 3 at the most! Its only because he whinged like the baby he is that he would leave the NRL. I wish he would!! :%#%#:

4. sanzar

sanzar Guest

I bet you do after the number of times he almost single handedly annihilated your beloved maroons :D :p .

Seriously though, 4 weeks for telling off a touch judge for an obviously wrong and thus crucial call is a load of crap... The players should just cop a fine and a 1 week suspension for something like that. You can't take a player out of the game for a month for swearing in a high pressure game, especially when they're in the right!

5. ak47

ak47 Guest

As much as i love Joey in sky blue

i lost all respect for the guy a long time ago, when i ran into him one day.

he is an arrogant idiot to say the least.

6. sanzar

sanzar Guest

A lot of the greats are for some reason... a mate of mine's dad said the same thing about Wally Lewis.

7. ak47

ak47 Guest

yeah thats understandable...u can see that in Wally

which is why i hold laurie daley in utmost regard - not only for his raiders services

out of all the big big names i have ran into.......Laurie rembered my name the 2nd time around, and even gave a phone video interview - we were all ****** as hell in the pub......but he had the time to leave his wife for 10mins and have a blokey chat with us in front of a bloody camera

class lozza........class.

Willie Masons an idiot too..........nobody has to tell me otherwise

8. Its not like its the first time hes done it..and it wont be the last either imo.

Ohwell its been and dusted..time to get over it. :)

9. ak47 why do you think Willie M is an idiot..he was an idiot in his younger years..hes really matured now. :)

10. esoj

esoj Guest

it was only that long because he had carry over points.

it is a complete joke and it is now offical Andrew Johns is bigger than the game.

11. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I thought it was offical when the NRL had to resort to paying him themselves to not go to Union.

12. sanzar

sanzar Guest

He still got 2 weeks, so I don't know what you're on about there... especially considering in Union Umaga and Mealamu spear tackled and dislocated the shoulder of O'Driscoll off the ball and weren't even cited.

13. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Honestly, there is very little difference between verbally abusing and official (or player for that matter) and pushing them (i.e physical abuse). In public it is an offence punishable by law and if someone does this and this someone is a role model to kids, what are the kids going to do?

It is so hard to get referees these days, because they are continually abused by players and spectators a like. This happens frequently in junior sport. Numbers all over Australia are deminishing. No joke. I should know - i referee junior rugby in ACT and it can be very distressing what some people say. Honest!

Anyway, I do think it is a disgrace they only give him two weeks. A) it's not the first time. b.) if it weren't Andrew Johns they would have got more. C) the tribunal are ex-players, and two of which are good friends with Johnsey. And D) if he physically abused him he would have got at least till the start of next season.

Just my opinion.

14. esoj

esoj Guest

and what does that have to do with anything.

the point i made was that it was going to be 4 weeks because johns had carry over points.

15. ak47

ak47 Guest

no he hasnt mate

i know his GF personally, very very good friend of my ex GF

i have been out with them together @ weddings and other nights out.

he has matured on the field..........not off

actually in the last 5 years he has matured alot

but not enough for my approval for his relationship with my friend

not going into any more details

16. woosaah

woosaah Guest

go on more details, we wont tell anyone :)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!