• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jon Callard - NPAM & IPC

Very possibly - his record as a coach with the RFU has not been great from what I've seen.
Pretty much every team of his that I've watched has been significantly worse than the sum of it's parts.

Can't judge him in his new role until his teams have played some games.

would love to see what his KPI's are for this job...or his previous jobs. Coaching is tough as obviously a large part of results can be out of your hands, but even so...

Dread, terror and frustration.

As Rats says, we shouldn't pass judgment fully until he's actually done something in the post but his track record is not good. I am cynical at best as to whether he'll do anything positive.

I know we shouldn't judge but I find it quite frustrating really, there are lots of good young englsih coaches who would be better suited to a role like this - not young i suppose, but I think someone like Ben Ryan would have been a good choice he has a track record with young players on the 7's circuit and he's already used to the England set up (and could probably do with the money :) )

I really think the U20's is becoming more and more important to England's long term development so it's important how we manage that transition to seniors.

I agree on Ben Ryan - not necessarily as a coach - but he seems to be very, very good at building a successful environment.

Latest posts