• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu rugby challenge ps3 tips

hogweed1963

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
England
hello ,this is my first post and i dont know if its the right section, is there anywhere on this site where i can get some tips on playing jonah lomu rugby challenge better ?thanks:(

hello ,this is my first post and i dont know if its the right section, is there anywhere on this site where i can get some tips on playing jonah lomu rugby challenge better ?thanks:(
you can visit youtube. I don't think there is any posts about your topics here

My main tip is to get someone else to play with you, play towards the touchline, then just pick up as the 9 while they bring the fullback/10 round to the blindside. Simply draw and pass as the scrum-half and then you're a dummy/sidestep/draw and pass away from a certain try. Or, alternatively, just offload randomly. That seems to work for most people I play.

The random offloading in the reason I haven't bothered with this game online.
If you have a scrumhalf with decent pace, I throw to the tail jumper (bring him out as far as you can) and have the scrumhalf receive the ball palmed down. Have him set off for the corner, works for me a decent amount of time.
A decent amount of my little tricks involve the scrum half, so I pick my 9 with pace in mind.
Dropgoal mania is also a good laugh, if you have the edge in the breakdowns, you could probably really make your opponent hate you by going for three constantly. Alternatively, if you use forwards, he will like the dropouts and scrums.

The hold pass+x is really effective, it doesn't skip out too many players and the skipped player runs the overlap, use this,

ummm, get more experience with the game so you learn all the animations[mainly tackled animations] so you know when a turnover is on and when to select another player to make another tackle before he breaks the animated tackle.

Umm, pass before or as you catch the ball if there are defenders around the person receiving the pass if you do it early enough the pass has a higher chance of being successful.

Don't throw all your offloads, its actually better to go down with the ball as you gain momentum.

Know which players have a high chance of stepping, it's really effective and when used surrounding defenders become ineffective until you're out of the animation, !

Don't bother with the normal bind in the ruck, always use the aggressive.

The hold pass+x is really effective, it doesn't skip out too many players and the skipped player runs the overlap, use this,

ummm, get more experience with the game so you learn all the animations[mainly tackled animations] so you know when a turnover is on and when to select another player to make another tackle before he breaks the animated tackle.

Umm, pass before or as you catch the ball if there are defenders around the person receiving the pass if you do it early enough the pass has a higher chance of being successful.

Don't throw all your offloads, its actually better to go down with the ball as you gain momentum.

Know which players have a high chance of stepping, it's really effective and when used surrounding defenders become ineffective until you're out of the animation, !

Don't bother with the normal bind in the ruck, always use the aggressive.

i find this weird, you would expect normal/quick bind will allow less players to join the ruck then will the heavy bind... but it doesn't the same amount of players join... so if you on defence you actually want to bind lesser players otherwise you exposed on defence... BUT quick bind vs heavy bind in theory should be based on the speed that the players arrive or move to the ruck... but both are the same speed :D so sometimes i analyse the situation and if i see i don't stand a chance to win the ball I don't bind/join at all... making my defensive line stronger as i have all my players available...

use LB and RB behind a scrum or ruck.. this is to always pass to you flyhalf... most cases the flyhalf is no the 1st receive either side of the ruck/scrum... so to avoid passing to a prop (when you need to clear with a kick) press LB & RB at the same time (assuming you have a Xbox360)

Dont hold in the LT or RT (Dash) buttons when passing, this will lead to the receiving player knocking on more frequently... especially in rainy weather

when are they making a decent rugby game??? The rugby challenge "Gameplay" is about 50% complete and still full of bugs... i have to restart a lot of game for balls that is out of play and no-one to retrieve them...

graphix are good but needs more work on gameplay...

Latest posts