• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu Rugby PS1 Game

T

Thingimubob

I've fancied trying this game for a while, and I've found that across a couple of game shops and websites like Cex and Ebay I can get it for anywhere between 80p and £8.00. Was just wondering if it was worth getting?

I'll take that as a yes then :p
I can either bid for it on eBay which starts at 99p or buy it now for at least £7.
The cheapest price is 80p from Cex, but their website tells em I can't buy it online and it's not in stock in Cardiff, only Leeds and Redditch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 19 2009, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can either bid for it on eBay which starts at 99p or buy it now for at least £7.
The cheapest price is 80p from Cex, but their website tells em I can't buy it online and it's not in stock in Cardiff, only Leeds and Redditch.[/b]

I still have a copy. I played in on my PS3 the other day.

I'll sell it to you for £5. We could arrange payment through paypal.

I've got it on my lappy running a Ps1 emulator and it is still probably the best Rugby game to date.

Cannot stress the greatness of this game enough. I'd recommend it for the commentary alone.
"Oh! Mercy me! What a tackle! That could've put him in Ward 4!"
"I hope not Bill, that's the maternity ward!"
Brilliant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Kiddie @ Jul 18 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 19 2009, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cheapest price is 80p from Cex, but their website tells em I can't buy it online and it's not in stock in Cardiff, only Leeds and Redditch.[/b]

I still have a copy. I played in on my PS3 the other day.

I'll sell it to you for £5. We could arrange payment through paypal.
[/b][/quote]
Ah sorry , i didn;t see this till just now. I've bought it off Amazon nd got it today <_< I had to pick it up from the post office in Penarth because the guy didn;t put a stamp on it

It hasn;t come with a booklet though, so I have no idea what teh controls are, anybody fncy telling me them? :p

Ah no need I found some online
I won my first game :D
New Zealand 12 - 0 Sri Lanka :p

After playing this game for a while, I've come to the conculsion that it's very hard :(
I mostly play as New Zealand and South Africa, and get rucked off the ball all the time against pretty much everyone bar the lower nations. It's probably a better system to Rugby 06/08, but it's too hard to keep the ball, let alone steal it off the other side. It's very annoying. <_<

There's alot of glitches to it you'll find and once you do you'll see that the rucking is actually quite easy. I'm not gonna tell you because it's better discovering them by yourself and it makes the game more interesting. I will tell you that there is a good fend left/right hands and also a left/right sidestep that I think should be incorporated into the Ea Sports Rugby games.

OMG i've just recently dug out my old copy of this just to hear the soothing voice of the late great Bill McClaren (RIP Bill). this is most definetly the best commentery in a game ever... also one of the best rugby games ever created. Its great even playing on my ps3. anyone know of a good ps1 emulator on mac??? i wanna play it on the train on my ways home from uni. ITS ADDICTIVE :D :D

Latest posts