• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu

ABs2011

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Documentary about to come out on Jonah Lomu.

Probably nothing really needs to be said about Jonah, quite simply one of a kind. The most devastating player with ball in hand that rugby has ever seen. Such a shame his career was cut short because he was a joy to watch! Looking forward to watching the doco!

Last edited by a moderator:
This has the potential to be a brilliant documentary. I really hope it makes it to the UK cinemas, even if its not in for long.

I dunno, the ***le kind of makes me want to...fart...I dunno, something to do with digestion...

When is anger ever not within ?
I'd have been more enthusiastic about this piece had it been called "Anger Outward"..........yeaaaahhh.

Looks an incredible and moving docu-film. The man was a hero to an entire generation of rugby fans regardless of nationality. As Bluemoon says, really hope this makes our shores

Looks an incredible and moving docu-film. The man was a hero to an entire generation of rugby fans regardless of nationality. As Bluemoon says, really hope this makes our shores

I've only been on the forum for a bit, but one thing that is clear is there is often quite divided opinions depending on posters nationalities (goes without saying I guess), BUT, I took a quick look at the thread where people list their greatest XV of all time, and while I only looked at page one, I don't recall a single team, no matter who named it, which didnt have Lomu at 11. That is quite amazing really.

If I were naming my team, he would be the first name I'd put down without a doubt.

I've only been on the forum for a bit, but one thing that is clear is there is often quite divided opinions depending on posters nationalities (goes without saying I guess), BUT, I took a quick look at the thread where people list their greatest XV of all time, and while I only looked at page one, I don't recall a single team, no matter who named it, which didnt have Lomu at 11. That is quite amazing really.

If I were naming my team, he would be the first name I'd put down without a doubt.

Yeah, but most picked as they could remember his name as most posters had Jonah Lomu Rugby on the ps1

Exactly, he can be classed in the same vein as Messi and Micheal Jordan, global superstars tha inspired anybody who even half associated themselves with their sport

News reporting that he has died?

If thats correct, RIP big fella.

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/jonah-lomu-dies-aged-40-2015111813#axzz3rnUPkKvB

Yes its correct. Reported in quite a few papers and on Sky news. Died this morning, most probably about 8 or 9 am NZ time Wednesday. Jonah and his family arrived back from the UK last night and he suddenly died this morning. Seems probably too much for the big fella with the kidney condition and all that.

One of the greats! RIP.

Last edited:

Latest posts