• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jones, Jenkins, M. Williams out for AI

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 19 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_5441299,00.html

News from Planet Rugby is that Martyn Williams, Adam Jones and Gethin 'the Apple Juice Distributor' Genkins will all probably be out for the November internationals.

Shoulders in need of surgery it seems.[/b]

who are their replacements are likely to be? How much depth do they have in the front row?

John Yapp and Rhys Thomas it looks like then...we're screwed...
Gatland, pick Warburton over Sowden-Tayloy for 7...please?

Duncan Jones is atleast back. I'd say it'll be him and Rhys Thomas. And yes Warberton at 7 please.

Let's see Andy Powell back on form so we can have more coverage on the Back Row, or perhaps even convert him to play at Flanker as well. I'm confident Duncan Jones will do his job well, and Rhys Thomas and that Crai Mitchell chap haven't been doing to badly, so my only front-row worry is pitting John Yapp against New Zeland. I mean, last Arms Park game he tosses a pass to the opposing Winger, that would have been a forward pass, anyway, who was in space and scored from it.

He's still got a good name, though.

Powell could never become a flanker, he's probably a waste of space altogether! Unless he starts doing more work around the field we should just concentrate on Ryan Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Gareth Delve, Dafydd Jones, Sam Warberton, Josh Turnball etc. etc. It's a pity as he does have great running ability, his sport really is Rugby League!

As for the props, how about Ceri Jones and Eifion Roberts playing their trade in thr Guinness Premiership?

It sounds like Adam Jones may be back sooner than anticipated, which is welcome news.

It looks like Gethin Jenkins & Martyn Williams will be fit for the AIs with Adam being good for the 6N.

It gives the other tight heads an opportunity to challenge for the AI starting slot. I would say Rhys Thomas is in pole position but if the others start this season well they could snatch the jersey off him.

Latest posts