• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Julian Salvi and Matt Carraro

M

mohamed_ali12

Well, it seems that Bath have bolstered their weakened squad with these two Australians, and to be honest I know nothing about them apart from Salvi being a flanker and Carraro a centre/wing. If there are any SH rugby fans who know anything about these two, enlightenment would be much appreciated :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jun 29 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, it seems that Bath have bolstered their weakened squad with these two Australians, and to be honest I know nothing about them apart from Salvi being a flanker and Carraro a centre/wing. If there are any SH rugby fans who know anything about these two, enlightenment would be much appreciated :)[/b]

Julian Salvi is an excellent openside flanker who can also play blindside and no. 8.

Unfortunately because he plays at the Brumbies he's always been behind George Smith. However, he's had plenty of starts for the team at no. 6 and no. 8 and is a great performer. At a national level he's also behind Waugh and Pocock in the pecking order, but he's represented Australia A on a number of occasions.

He's a loyal Canberran so when the Brumbies signed Rocky Elsom he chose to go overseas rather than play for another Australian team. He'll probably return to the Brumbies when/if George Smith retires after the World Cup.

Matt Carraro was once at the Brumbies... then the Tahs... now Bath... I'm guessing he'll just be making up numbers in the squad...

Latest posts