• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: Australia vs. England [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

Amen. Haskell did have one of his occasional really good games and deserved his MOM award. But exposed for his lack of speed at times, and neither Robshaw nor Billy are any quicker.
I don't really understand this talk. Haskell is fast as hell off the mark, that's why Jones has picked him at 7 and that's why it has been his most effective test position. Go back to where he played No.8 against New Zealand a fear years and you'll see his speed off the base is second to none. Bloody good footwork too for a big guy, as DHP found out. Wide of the mark on this one bud.

Well watching the highlights for defence (as per my post above), I picked up on him getting exposed for pace twice.

How often is he the first man to the breakdown, attacking or defending?

Several changes, esp. on the bench. Ford starts at 10, Farrell to 12 and Nowell replaces Yarde.

A 6-2 split on the bench which now includes George, Clifford and Daly.

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs; 1 Mako Vunipola, 2 Dylan Hartley (c), 3 Dan Cole, 4 Maro Itoje, 5 George Kruis, 6 Chris Robshaw, 7 James Haskell, 8 Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Matt Mullan, 18 Paul Hill, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 Courtney Lawes, 21 Jack Clifford, 22 Danny Care, 23 Elliot Daly.

Ref: Craig Joubert

Last edited:
See it all the time. Funny thing is, behind the facade they know he's an amazing player just won't admit it because of national bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Great post, wish Eddie Jones could read it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the same token, if they do get their defence sorted out then Australia are in trouble because England had it over them at the set-piece and breakdown.

Definitely. Like I said earlier I didn't think England played that great and still put 39 points on us, if they play well this week and we don't adapt I don't think we will win.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed Hooper has been copping a bit of flak in the Australian press for his performance on Sat and a few people questioning his man of the match award.

Definitely. Like I said earlier I didn't think England played that great and still put 39 points on us, if they play well this week and we don't adapt I don't think we will win.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed Hooper has been copping a bit of flak in the Australian press for his performance on Sat and a few people questioning his man of the match award.

Hooper got man of the match in Australia? Don't they give it to the winning team?

Hooper was shat on by Haskell, he was the true MOM

Hooper got man of the match in Australia? Don't they give it to the winning team?MOM

Why? The man of the march should be the stand out player and delighted to see the call was not based on which side!

I berate Dewi Morris as being the most annoying and useless commentator. However, at least he felt he could make the Aussie 10 MoM in the Under 20 match v England despite the fact his team lost!

Haskell did get MOTM didn't he?
That's what all the reports and social media posts I saw said.
Maybe they have one per side, depending on the broadcaster?

Haskell did get MOTM didn't he?
That's what all the reports and social media posts I saw said.
Maybe they have one per side, depending on the broadcaster?

I bet in Australia they just have an Australian one every time.

I bet in Australia they just have an Australian one every time.

We can't berate them too much...
launchbury-manofthematch-main.jpg

I'm sure we can make another meme out of this, alongside the James Haskell likes this post. Joe Launchbury disapproves? Edit it so you just see his face and upper body.

Latest posts