• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: Australia vs. England [2nd Test] (18/06/2016)

Akira was born in 1995 and Kerevi in 1993, they are almost the same age group. And I can see Kerevi as a proved starter Super Rugby player and almost a test player while Akira is only a 7s player. In NZ a 7s player is nothing. DJ Forbes couldn't make Super Rugby level so he focused in the quick game. 7s is for young players or limited players.

Normally I would agree with you, however this year is an Olympic year, 1 that 7s is being played in. Akira is far more than just a 7s player, he has the potential to be an All Blacks great with his freakish physical attributes. I for one hope he can live up to the hype, but who knows what the future holds for him.

I hope Eddie jones is blunt and fights Englands corner, the Aussies were cheating more than England in the scrums and it's actually becoming very pathetic how frequently teams are going to the media to accuse us of cheating at the scrum. Marler was accused of cheating so much it became almost impossible for him to scrum, teams would just step sideways and claim he bored in. Now the Aussies are trying to do the same with Cole. I hope Jones asks Cheika to explain why he has seen fit to replace the 2 Aussie props...

Looking forward to the match - going to be tough for the Wallabies with no Pocock, but am hoping they'll improve with their second outing.

Jones has done wonder with what was a massively underperforming England side, but all the same if I'd had to choose between winning that pool game in the RWC or winning this series, I'd go with that WC win.

Last edited:
I am so glad to see someone else who thinks that sideways movement in the scrum by the Aussies is illegal. I suspect that they will start at the first scrum by not taking the pressure on the engage. This will look like England are pushing before the ball is in the scrum. This was the argument made by Hartley against ?Leicester when Wayne Barnes was reffing the game, the result was Hartley was sent off. If the assistant/ref are sensible they will watch where the bind is made by the Australian props, whether on the arm or back and then is the elbow pointing at the ground.

Last edited:
All these scrum issues are getting pretty tiresome. It's such a hard area to ref because for every accusation one side makes there is an equal an opposite counter allegation. Boring in v stepping to the side, pushing early v not taking the hit, etc. Scrums are just supposed to be a way of restarting the game and instead they've become a way of stopping it all together. The solution has to be in more effective laws. Or, dare I say it, do away with scrums all together. Team going forward can just get a tap kick restart. After all they aren't fun to watch. I know that seems a bit sacrilegious, and plays into the hands of the SH, but it would speed the game up plenty and there would be less chances to score from scrum penalties meaning teams have to push for tries which in the end is what we all love to see.

Come on forwards, come and get me.

All these scrum issues are getting pretty tiresome. It's such a hard area to ref because for every accusation one side makes there is an equal an opposite counter allegation. Boring in v stepping to the side, pushing early v not taking the hit, etc. Scrums are just supposed to be a way of restarting the game and instead they've become a way of stopping it all together. The solution has to be in more effective laws. Or, dare I say it, do away with scrums all together. Team going forward can just get a tap kick restart. After all they aren't fun to watch. I know that seems a bit sacrilegious, and plays into the hands of the SH, but it would speed the game up plenty and there would be less chances to score from scrum penalties meaning teams have to push for tries which in the end is what we all love to see.

Come on forwards, come and get me.

Rugby union is based on scrums being a game for all people of all sizes and scrums add far more than they detract!

If you want your version, then it is already available and called Rugby. league. Enjoy but leave Union for what it is....

Could anyone else just watch Will Greenwood for the next 2 hours, such a legend

Rugby union is based on scrums being a game for all people of all sizes and scrums add far more than they detract!

If you want your version, then it is already available and called Rugby. league. Enjoy but leave Union for what it is....

I was only poking fun. In don't think anyone wants scrums to go, as they add a dimension to the game, but they certainly need addressing. I just have no real idea how. Maybe changing the law to make it a free kick rather then penalty would help?

I don't get the Aboriginal welcome... We never get that kind of welcome when we come over?!

Anyway, the Aussie commentator just said "this is probably the best England back line for 5 years".

Accurate?

I don't get the Aboriginal welcome... We never get that kind of welcome when we come over?!

Anyway, the Aussie commentator just said "this is probably the best England back line for 5 years".

Accurate?

It's a new thing.

And yes it prob is, bar A fit Manu.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they're trying to be respectful and all, but it comes across as a bit cringey. Seems very out of place.

I like TBH.

Accurate?

Probs. I'd feel comfortable saying it's the best pack too.

Foley and Phipps are just about as bad as Genia and Cooper for me. Surely Australia can come up with a better halves pairing than these two.

Latest posts