• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

That's an absolutely appalling call.

Utterly incompetent... it's as if they make it up as they go along sometimes.

I hope this ref is held to account for that.
I'm not a fan of slagging off the referee but that was terrible

Game over.

Isn't Stander a South African?

Looks like this ref is card happy.

This is not the game I know.......red?

I am not sure it was even a penalty.

Soon you will not be able to jump in the air while on the pitch.....

Ruined the game for what?.....hope Lambie is ok but........

I'm not overreacting when I say that the ref has just singlehandedly lost us this game. Can't win with 14

What a joke. It was never a red and sadly it'll ruin a game that could've been a great game

Couple of years ago that would have been red for Lambie - taking the man in the air.

Not quite sure what CJ was supposed to do - spontaneously dematerialise?

I would give a penalty at most, maybe a yellow but if I was referring just play on

I seem to be the only person out there who thinks this, but I'm okay with that being a red. If you recklessly endanger the head area in just about every other part of the game you get a red, how is a charge down any different?

I just wish I'd known as I'd have gone to the pub with my family instead of staying in to watch this. 60 minutes of rugby with a man advantage usually isn't worth watching.

Bull**** Peat, frankly.

You can classify just about any action as reckless if you look at the examples of when it ocassionally (very, very rarely) results in a bad outcome.

If people were getting routinely knocked out by chargedown attempts then I'd be inclined to agree, but they aren't....

Last edited:
Well time to watch something else, ref should be ashamed of himself.

Canadian qualifying shortly has to have more interest than this now pointless match.....

Has to be another red in that lead up!!!

That has to be a easy red if other was?

Last edited:
It's over now. That red card was BS. Springboks will score another 10 points before taking it easy like we always do.

And now another yellow card. What is this, football?

Latest posts