• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: Australia vs. Fiji (10/06/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Australia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Fiji.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 07:00 (CAT, SA GMT+2)

Is this going to be a one sided affair? Hows the fiji team looking. I hear that Nadolo is out.

It'll be interesting, they are building up a "how will Ben VolaVola go against his Rebels team mates" in the media over here but I'm not sure what team they will select. Nadolo will be a big loss.

Fiji have some cracking players around the world who don't seem to ever play for the national team. Tuisova from Toulon? The winger that played for the baabaas against England? Where are they in internationals?

I guess it was a good warm up for the Wobblies, worries me a bit our lead up to the Championship is FIji, Scotland & Italy, Scotland will provide some better idea of how they are travelling I guess.

Nice to see Genia back, but some of the other selections worry me, Cooper and Moore wouldnt be in any team I selected.

KHunt surprised me, I dont really rate him at this level, but he seems to have risen to the occasion. Foley was good, and I think he enjoyed working with Genia, Hunt and Folau.

Coleman looked solid coming back.

Fiji tried their hearts out and their 2 tries was just desserts for their efforts

Lots of improvement in intensity and accuracy required to get the Wallabies up to the standard needed to compete with the darkness.

Fiji have some cracking players around the world who don't seem to ever play for the national team. Tuisova from Toulon? The winger that played for the baabaas against England? Where are they in internationals?

Tuisova arrived late after being in the Top 14 final, Botia also arrived late. Maybe they were just resting him. Are you talking about Naiyaravoro? He was selected for Fiji for the 2015 world cup, then a week later Wallabies named him in their team so he chose to play for Australia. Australia ended up giving him no game time except for a test against the USA and never selected him for their world cup team. So basically just screwed him over from playing in the world cup because he could have played for Fiji. This year they've selected Eto Nabuli and Marika Koroibete, I think the only reason those two are in the team is just to stop Fiji from selecting them. You can't tell me they legit earned their way into the team. If there's players Australia could do with its Joe Tomane, Brock James and Naiyaravoro

Nadolo is out injured, he might be available for the PNC games.

Last edited:
Tuisova arrived late after being in the Top 14 final, Botia also arrived late. Maybe they were just resting him. Are you talking about Naiyaravoro? He was selected for Fiji for the 2015 world cup, then a week later Wallabies named him in their team so he chose to play for Australia. Australia ended up giving him no game time except for a test against the USA and never selected him for their world cup team. So basically just screwed him over from playing in the world cup because he could have played for Fiji. This year they've selected Eto Nabuli and Marika Koroibete, I think the only reason those two are in the team is just to stop Fiji from selecting them. You can't tell me they legit earned their way into the team. If there's players Australia could do with its Joe Tomane, Brock James and Naiyaravoro

Nadolo is out injured, he might be available for the PNC games.
Thanks. Fiji have some great young players it seems especially wingers.
That wasn't the guy I was thinking of I don't think but that kind of thing really irritates me when sides like Australia and New Zealand steal Fiji's best players. I'll find out his name if I can.

Nagusa is the one I was thinking of. Great big lump of a winger.

Thanks. Fiji have some great young players it seems especially wingers.
That wasn't the guy I was thinking of I don't think but that kind of thing really irritates me when sides like Australia and New Zealand steal Fiji's best players. I'll find out his name if I can.

Nagusa is the one I was thinking of. Great big lump of a winger.

You know Nemani Nadolo right? He changed his name from Ratu Nasiganiyavi. Ratu was raised in Australia, did all his schooling in Australia and played all his rugby in Australia, including representing Australia at u20 level

It really irritates me when sides like Fiji steal Australia's best players :D

You know Nemani Nadolo right? He changed his name from Ratu Nasiganiyavi. Ratu was raised in Australia, did all his schooling in Australia and played all his rugby in Australia, including representing Australia at u20 level

It really irritates me when sides like Fiji steal Australia's best players :D
Fair enough Imagine the difference he would make to your side though!

Latest posts