• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: South Africa vs. France (2nd Test) (17/06/2017)

O'Keefe has had a good game, has let the game flow and hasn't made any poor calls from a South African perspective, don't think the French have anything to complain about either.

Man of the match has to be Kolisi. Scored one try, fully created another.

O'Keefe has had a good game, has let the game flow and hasn't made any poor calls from a South African perspective, don't think the French have anything to complain about either.

Good shout with the referee. I thought he was very accomplished. But then I also thought that about Peyper (who the commentators also praised for his performance this morning).

Continuing on from a decent 1st test makes me feel a bit more optimistic. Can it really be as easy as replacing Stick with Venter?

The highlights package looks like a Siya Kolisi Youtube tribute montage. Just an incredible performance all round. You could have a 100 test career as flanker and not be able to put into a highlights reel what Kolisi managed to cram into one game. Looks back to his 2013 form! Okay, thats enough from me. For now.

The highlights package looks like a Siya Kolisi Youtube tribute montage. Just an incredible performance all round.

Just watched the HL and this 100%!! Outstanding skill and a lot of gees. Also great defence and some exciting running and breaks. Bring on the third!

Feeling a little stupid for previously describing Kolisi as lightweight. The thumping French pack didn't crush him and he obviously has a lot of ability.

Glad to see I'm not the only one raving about Penaud. Here are his highlights. I love a 13 that can pass and run. Light years ahead of a Basteraud.

Last week I had two gripes, one was that we weren't clinical about finishing our opportunities and the other was our defense out wide.
Specifically, Kolisi made a break last week and then made a poor decision and the try went begging, this week he looked for the man and we scored. Nice to see an instant improvement. I've always been a Kolisi fan but I'm extremely biased seeing as he captains my rugby team and went to my old school, good to see him raise his game.

Definitely an improvement on the finishing but there is still a lot of space out wide for the opposition it seems.

In general a better performance and if we keep seeing little improvements I'll be a very happy man.

Enjoying being a Bok supporter for the first time in a while, granted it's only been 2 games but these performances were better than every single performance last year.
Not getting too ahead of myself but signs are good!

Latest posts