• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: USA vs. Ireland (1st Test) (10/06/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
United%20States.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Ireland.png

Venue: Red Bull Arena
Time: 22:00 (CAT, SA GMT+2)

Presuming Mitchell is still the coach, this could be interesting. He gave his side a real ability to score points. Should still be comfortable for Ireland's second string though.

I'm expecting this to be our most experimental XV of the tour should make for a very close match.

Wonder how many tickets will be sold for the game.

Seems to be a decent amount of tickets left, it's in/near New York so you'd think if they advertised it properly they'd get a decent turnout.

Seems to be a decent amount of tickets left, it's in/near New York so you'd think if they advertised it properly they'd get a decent turnout.

You would imagine so, esp if they play up the Irish factor.

Although knowing some rugby unions they probably out pricing the market.

Lads flew out today and seemed to have a mixed camp so far so no real inkling of team yet

Selling tickets is something the USAR seem particularly bad at. The PRO final got a bigger attendance for a game in Ohio than the US home fixtures in the last Americas Rugby Championship.

Apparently PJ is still not allowed in the US so expect Carberry to start.

Great mix. Few with big chance of increasing their worth. Only issue I'd have is with locks. Not overly impressed with Roux and Toner completely off boil. Hopefully Ryan does well. I think 2 flankers are playing for a spot beside Leavy next week.
Porter will get nice starter for TH prop and back 3 lads will have shot too. Think Rory Scannell deserved a start at 12 but I like Marshall as player so won't argue too much.

Would have had Scannell too, I think he'd compliment JC better, although I'd say the same for PJ next week. Sweet back three and I like the new caps, hopefully this is a springboard to really get Porter's and Ryan's careers going.

That's an exciting looking backline. Happy with the team. A little surprised that James Ryan in on the bench ahead of Kieran Treadwell but presumably he's being given his chance in, on paper, the easiest of the summer tests.

I know he wasn't in the squad anyway, but is Adam Byrne injured? If not, how was he not selected, he's been in fantastic form.

9. McGrath
10. Jackson
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Byrne
15. Carberry

is a hell of a backline in a few years

That pack will cause so much damage to the USA's that they could play pretty much anyone in in the back line.

Ireland by 40 I reckon.

Byrne finished the season terribly, Stockdale and O'Loughlin deservedly got in ahead of him and Sweetnam is probably ahead of him too. Byrne has a huge fight to make the Leinster 23 next season imo.

The awesome depth we have come to expect. That could be a starting XV. Hope US play like they did in the Americans Rugby Championship to keep this to within 25 points.

If John Mitchell has left in mind or body this could be a slaughter.

Really hope Schmidt lets this bunch loose to play expansive game. Talent is there and there really is options all over. Will be interesting how the bench is used

Latest posts