• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: USA vs. Ireland (1st Test) (10/06/2017)

Joe Taufete'e was very good off the bench for the USA.

Patchy performance from Ireland. Jack Conan grew into the game and was immense in the second half. Starting front row were excellent. Quite a debut for James Ryan, scoring an international try before even winning a lineout for club or country!

Patchy performance from Ireland. Jack Conan grew into the game and was immense in the second half. Starting front row were excellent. Quite a debut for James Ryan, scoring an international try before even winning a lineout for club or country!

Keith Earls was far and away the best player on the field. Carberry terrible, hope he's not Ian Madigan 2.0

Have to say John Ryan is 1 of most improved players in world rugby. He would be a starter only for the lad in front is arguably the best 3 in world.
Very happy with it but again it's hard to judge as USA were poor

Carberry terrible, hope he's not Ian Madigan 2.0
Joey Carbery had a day to forget. It's fair to say that he didn't put much pressure on Paddy Jackson with that performance.

Though I'm delighted for Dave Heffernan that the work he's put in to shift from the backrow to hooker has been rewarded with a international cap, he didn't have a strong debut. Niall Scannell was far superior. Just as Carbery didn't put it up to Jackson, Heffernan didn't put it up to James Tracy.

I liked Andrew Porter's work rate in attack. He was always willing to get his hands on the ball and didn't hide. It could be a few years before he's knocking on the international door again (mainly given the strong competition in front of him) but he has the tools to make it.

John Ryan is Mike Ross Mark II. Really excellent scrummager. Has had a phenomenal season.

Was Luke Marshall's substitution due to injury or form? Either way, Rory Scannell stands a good chance of starting next time out in Japan.

How much of the starting pack's scrum dominance was down to Quinn Roux's bulk in the second row? The South African as relatively quiet outside that.

Team for the next test? O'Halloran, Earls, Ringrose, Scannell, Zebo, Jackson, Marmion; Healy, Scannell, Ryan, Treadwell, Toner, Ruddock, Leavy, Conan.

Did you see your openside's totally awesome block on the Irish backrow to keep him away from the ruck. Twas hilarious.
No, I was trying to figure out which decade the Irish supporters in my section got their haircuts and clothes from. Then came to the dad realisation they weren't even doing it ironically.

Joey Carbery had a day to forget. It's fair to say that he didn't put much pressure on Paddy Jackson with that performance.

Though I'm delighted for Dave Heffernan that the work he's put in to shift from the backrow to hooker has been rewarded with a international cap, he didn't have a strong debut. Niall Scannell was far superior. Just as Carbery didn't put it up to Jackson, Heffernan didn't put it up to James Tracy.

I liked Andrew Porter's work rate in attack. He was always willing to get his hands on the ball and didn't hide. It could be a few years before he's knocking on the international door again (mainly given the strong competition in front of him) but he has the tools to make it.

John Ryan is Mike Ross Mark II. Really excellent scrummager. Has had a phenomenal season.

Was Luke Marshall's substitution due to injury or form? Either way, Rory Scannell stands a good chance of starting next time out in Japan.

How much of the starting pack's scrum dominance was down to Quinn Roux's bulk in the second row? The South African as relatively quiet outside that.

Team for the next test? O'Halloran, Earls, Ringrose, Scannell, Zebo, Jackson, Marmion; Healy, Scannell, Ryan, Treadwell, Toner, Ruddock, Leavy, Conan.
Mate you can pick my team anyday if they look like that

No, I was trying to figure out which decade the Irish supporters in my section got their haircuts and clothes from. Then came to the dad realisation they weren't even doing it ironically.

This is actually hilariously true. Fashion sense isn't really a thing in Ireland.

i was trying to remember the banter from these forums so i could take a guess at what provinces they were from

This is actually hilariously true. Fashion sense isn't really a thing in Ireland.

That's because unlike the neanderthals everywhere else around the world (and I suppose I need to include sections of Dublin & Belfast in that) we have evolved beyond fashion...

What is "fashion"?

"Fashion" is buying clothes that some f**kwit with a voice 4 octaves too high has declared "fashionable" (and a rake of sheep have agreed) - these "fashionable" clothes then come at a hideous markup and have a use-by date which has nothing to do with the condition of the clothes.

As regards haircuts? Sure it changes every 6 months. Just stick with the Grade0. Timeless.

To pharaphrase... fashion is temporary, class is permanent.

Fashion - a load of utter w**k since 6000 BC.

Latest posts