• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals: Chiefs vs. Wales (14/06/2016)

So cringe

It went from arrogance to cringeworthy.

Its a boundary youse English are soooo good at appreciating and almost never cross it. ;)

There are severe reprecussions to your ongoing arrogance levels if you even once pass over to cringeworthy. For instance smug dave who smoked blow when in uni then went on to become PM... oozing arrogance till that story broke and now look at him - begging the masses to be allowed to stay friends with Francois and Angela - and even then - its not as if they are the cool kids on the block (they all get bullied by Putin who takes their tuck shop money).

I'm certain Nick lives out off the country and never experienced NZ high school rugby if he has that ignominious view of a proud aspect of our culture.

Actually Ka Mate, aside from currently being on my OE, I did play highschool rugby in New Zealand and performed the haka with my team on special matches - as well as had the same from other teams.

At no point did six unrelated people turn up to perform against us or vise versa. It defeats the purpose otherwise - as its meant to be a challenge from one team to another. I'd have no problem with Kapa Haka groups, or the crowd participating on the sidelines - but they had no place on that field.

Furthermore as a Kiwi I was proud to do it. If I wasn't a Kiwi and instead was part of a professional organization who decided to do it - I might feel uneasy about taking part in the obvious commodification of an aspect of Maori culture.

If you have read any other of my 7000+ posts you would see I have defended the haka on numerous occasions - and I think it's a generally great thing that something which is unique to NZ and Maori is incorporated and important to our national game and identity.

Now if you care to address any of my points rather than try and discredit my opinions via personal attacks that would be nice, otherwise we will be discussing this over PMs.

As much as I'd like to continue avoiding the topic for obvious reasons what's the deal with the Chiefs centre (or fullback I can't remember) Lowe was it? Is he a bit part player normally or does he regularly play? He certainly played well or at least was made to look good by our shoddy defence

He regularly plays, one of the highest points scorers in fantasy super rugby last season.

Latest posts