• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals: Samoa vs Scotland

Sam Owen

First XV
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
Really good game if your a Manu Samoa fan. I'm wrapped we won. Owesome!

Samoa looked overpowering to start, made us all forget completely about the Safa Lions Test...but then sort of hung in there, maybe lost a bit of focus as they sometimes do, and Scotland came right back.
Scrum held against Scotland (who have an underrated scrum) but still isn't as powerful as I feel it should be. They'll gamble on the impact as they did in France last Nov., engage with all their strength, but as the scrum lingers a bit, Scotland would come back with stability and the upper hand.

But overall they showed off the excellent athletic ability they possess. Tuilagi's 2nd try being the ultimate testament of that. Almost Lomu-like. Unstoppable power...
but even though this is a nice comfortable 27-17, ten point victory...everybody who's followed the whole match will say this:
Samoa react greatly to the dynamics of a match, and the psychological repercussions of those. They may totally give up on a match if led from the start, or pull their foot off from the pedal if they themselves lead too comfortably early.

Seeing some of those guys' ability, you wonder how they score tries at the 6th, 11th.......and then only 62nd. Clearly not 100% the whole way. I think they're perhaps saving themselves because they expect to face the Boks this June in the final.
And the kicking was a lot better !

Match against Ital next week could be a fascinating battle between two of the most improved, if not THE two most improved rugby nations of 2012-13.

Latest posts