• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals : South Africa A vs. England Saxons [2nd Match] (17/06/2016)

did he really forget that he blew the whistle?

he was wrong to do so, but surely can't deny that he did

Roko off with his hurt arm; so James to right wing and Devoto to FB - arse

How was that truck and trailer? Looked to me like the maul rolled to the side and then hit a South African. I thought you didn't need to move the ball to the front straight away if you rolled off to the side?

Good pass to Wade. Nice seeing scrum halves give quick, accurate ball.

Last edited:
Well thats all she wrote. Congrats to England, better composure throughout. Hope both sides take value out of this but it was entertaining even if it that's not the case but I do think there is value to these types of encounters.

Blatant intentional knock on at the end, potentially try saving, no punishment. SA refs are so partisan it is laughable.

For SA I think Marx proved his worth. How anyone can try to justify Mbonambi for the Bok bench hooker spot is just.. well, its just frustrating. Du Toit dealt and got dealt to a bit haphazardly and though I don't know anything about this Saxon scrum's prowess or lack thereof (?) its gratifying to see Du Toit compete at 21. Could potentially be getting a look in past Mtawarira BUT he has to compete with Nyakane and Kitshoff if Kitshoff comes back to SA.

RG Snyman continuing with his breakthrough year but its tough luck for him Etzebeth and Du Toit have the Bok jerseys locked down with De Jager and Mostert adding depth.

The loosies all contributed but the queue is hella long and none of them are in the top 10 probably for test rugby. I truly do hope Kriel gets a shot in Durban because its criminal that he can't get a call-up to either side's matchday squad. If Coetzee doesn't plan on using him why not let him stretch his legs for the 'A' side?

Van Zyl was alright. Brummer cost us the game even if the ref had us in it for longer than we should've been. I'm not stressed at all about no.10 though. We have a serious injury crisis is all. But at 9.. unfortunately its a case of the cupboard being bare ATM. I guess that is to be expected with the fact that suddenly we are without all of Du Preez, Hougaard, Reinach and Pienaar for varying reasons (retirement, 7s, injuries and Pienaar).

Centers, well, I'd rather have seen Janse van Rensburg, Odendaal, Vorster or Esterhuizen but whatever, they did alright and the differences aren't huge. Paul Jordaan is also very unlucky and underappreciated. I do rate Venter but he hasn't been in start of the season form heading into this series. Am looks interesting. Will keep an eye out. He came in out of nowhere having had only one or two starts for the Kings. The one game I did see he looked alright but still, it must be frustrating for guys who have been playing good rugby for long to get leapfrogged like that.

Out wide is another problem area where SA depth is concerned IMO. Where do our powerful runners end up? We seem to go for small rapid guys across the board in SA who get less and less useful the higher up one goes. If they are near uncontainable or add the utility a guy like Habana did at the start with the former and developed towards the end of his test carreer then sure but...

I can't really see anyone but Marx make it to test rugby within the next two years everything considered.

Last edited:

Latest posts