• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 2nd Test] New Zealand vs. France (16/06/2018)

Advertisers must be livid.
May as well watch breakfast TV now.
Match result in no doubt.

Advertisers must be livid.
May as well watch breakfast TV now.
Match result in no doubt.

Agree.

The whole point of the red is to encoruage individual players to ensure safety is paramount. You don't do that, you leave the field. But then the whole team and game is punished. I'd have an orange card. 10 to 20 mins down to 14, offending player cannot return to the field.

Man... Rough for the fans and the French. Wish he landed on his shoulders tbh. Even Angus was looked like "ffs, he's just landed on his head I have no option..."..

Another conspiracy, how can you beat New Zealand when they get all the decisions!

As you can see he clearly lands on his back, any other team would see yellow.Screenshot_20180616-085658.png

That was criminal Defence from the French on try two. Can't shoot up offside and then miss all your tackles.

Really Angus? The French player purely had eyes on the ball and Barrett blindside jumps into him - how can that be his fault? Ref's need to use common sense and clearly the rules need changing (Action over Result!).. I got up early for this **** - I'm going back to bed, Angus Gardener take a bow for ruining a game of rugby.

I'm an advocate of player safety and I still believe the rule is flawed. It's pretty much impossible for a player running at full pelt to do the calculations required to ensure the jumpers safety (attacker or defender). If Fall had jumped and Barrett had landed on his head what's the sanction?

Anyway rather than derail this one I may need to take this elsewhere. This is going to be Harlem Globetrotters territory. The French have had the guts ripped out of them.

Definite red, but contesting the high ball is a mess these days.
Eyes only for the ball, didn't mean to take the opposition player out, short of spontaneously teleporting elsewhere there's nothing he could do.

And you still get people on Twitter saying it was a targeted attack to take Barrett out of the game

The game is over for me at 20 min FH with NZL 14-3 FRA and a red card to France.
Here is 5:00 AM. I'm going to bed again....

Really Angus? The French player purely had eyes on the ball and Barrett blindside jumps into him - how can that be his fault? Ref's need to use common sense and clearly the rules need changing (Action over Result!).. I got up early for this **** - I'm going back to bed, Angus Gardener take a bow for ruining a game of rugby.

Doesn't matter

I agree, it should not be like that, but it is and you have to play within those Laws. AG had no choice. If he doesn't red card him, he will be lucky to get another test.

Two head high tackles by AB's in 15 seconds. No sanctions.?????

Definite red, but contesting the high ball is a mess these days.
Eyes only for the ball, didn't mean to take the opposition player out, short of spontaneously teleporting elsewhere there's nothing he could do.

And you still get people on Twitter saying it was a targeted attack to take Barrett out of the game

Agree with the red, unfortunately. I avoid twitter with stuff like this. There's very little rational debate.

Gah, another game ruined.

I travelled an hour for this s***.
Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see Barrett have a broken neck or anything - but really, how much of that was the French players fault?

It's just ruined the game and I'm basically done.

The French were looking good, I really want to see these ABs tested.

*Edit - I get that Angus had no choice, just blimmin' frustrated at the waste of a game.

Latest posts