• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 2nd Test] New Zealand vs. France (16/06/2018)

Sam Cane cheating again. Tell me again why he isn't a dirty player?
I was really surprised to see all blacks fans saying he wasn't filth, tbh
I thought it was pretty well known that he's a ****, like a kiwi botha: loved by his own fans but hated by everyone else, but everyone can agree they're a dirty player

I'll bet you didn't stop watching when SBW was red carded in the second Lions test last year!

Different teams, different point of the game, part of a three game series etc. But you are right, I absolutely kept on watching in that game.

I was really surprised to see all blacks fans saying he wasn't filth, tbh
I thought it was pretty well known that he's a ****, like a kiwi botha: loved by his own fans but hated by everyone else, but everyone can agree they're a dirty player

I liked Botha TBF.

Fair play to Sky coverage for picking up on the little contact on the French player on the lead up to the red. Still had time to pull out and it was a red, but in the heat of the game you can see how that impacted the challenge for the ball.

No there was none sorry.
I'm being deliberately contentious.
The rules around dangerous play and subsequent sanctions has become whimsically subjective and far too open to individual interpretation.
There is no doubt about the red card decision. The ref has no choice because the them is the rules.

I'm not anti AB either I just believe that there were two high-ish tackles (neck head area) around 21min mark that you and I might say there's nothing in it as in- play incidents but another individual who is sufficiently informed may interpret it differently.

I get there are guidelines but I think
TRF_Olyy says it best -
"Accidental play leading to an injury is not a red card offence
Apart from when it is"
I don't know what the solution is but let's face it the red card has ensured an AB result which fundamentally ruins the best competitive narrative that we want from a game.

Difference between Sale forwards and Tigers forwards.

A tiger lands his punches

Sheridan is from London so he's just a southern softie!

:(

Didn't he punch botha in the plums on the lions tour?
Can't remember if it was botha but he definitely sack tapped someone

Would like to see France have a go with their maul here.

How many red zone penalties and no card? Yeesh

In fairness; 2 pens outside the 5m then the ref gave a warning to NZ. That was all poor accuracy from France. Terrible line out, poor phases, silly mistakes.

Latest posts