• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 2nd Test] South Africa vs. England (16/06/2018)

I'd be losing my mind too if I were the only England player that looks like they even give a ****. He needs to be at 10 but I agree someone else should take the captaincy.
Farrell is too passionate to be captain, I think.
By that I mean he can't switch off. Guys like Omahoney get fired up as **** but can instantly flip the switch to talk to the ref
I've been championing him to be Hartley's successor for years but now I'm not so sure, think he fits as vice/backs captain better.

Farrell is too passionate to be captain, I think.
By that I mean he can't switch off. Guys like Omahoney get fired up as **** but can instantly flip the switch to talk to the ref
I've been championing him to be Hartley's successor for years but now I'm not so sure, think he fits as vice/backs captain better.

The trouble is, that captain material makes itself known even when a player's not been designated captain.

If Martin Johnson wasn't the captain of a team, you wouldn't expect him to just sit back and not say something when someone does something daft.
I just can't see any of that sort of character in this team - not anyone that can do it in a productive manner, anyway...

Been away for these two tests and pretty god damn glad I've missed them. Sounds like selection wise it's not been right and training methods/locations being questioned. Not good enough.

25 players missing? Not all first choice though are they. Getting really bored of Eddie to be honest.

Been away for these two tests and pretty god damn glad I've missed them. Sounds like selection wise it's not been right and training methods/locations being questioned. Not good enough.

25 players missing? Not all first choice though are they. Getting really bored of Eddie to be honest.

Think Hartley, JJ and Watson are the only notables, not sure about Noel and Manu though think they are both left out after returning from injury probably missing a few just can't think of any that would realistically been in the squad.

Not available for selection:
Danny Care (Harlequins)
Jack Clifford (Harlequins)
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
James Haskell (Wasps)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Alex Lewington (London Irish)
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marchant (Harlequins)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Beno Obano (Bath Rugby)
Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks)
Semesa Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby)
Will Spencer (Worcester Warriors)
Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)
Jack Willis (Wasps)

The springboks are missing a few too. Etzebeth, De jager, Marx, Whiteley, Steyn (and others?)

Looks like Eddie Jones idea of bringing a "brain expert" into the England side has really paid off! I stand to be corrected as I probably watch less club rugby than most here, but I don't think of any of today's miscreants as massive penalty magnets at club level, so what turns them into one when they don an England shirt?

Looks like Eddie Jones idea of bringing a "brain expert" into the England side has really paid off! I stand to be corrected as I probably watch less club rugby than most here, but I don't think of any of today's miscreants as massive penalty magnets at club level, so what turns them into one when they don an England shirt?
Fatigue?

I haven't seen the match, so can't speak for specific instances, but fatigue certainly affects the mental side, and can bring out uncharacteristic behaviours, or more innate behaviours that an individual consciously keeps a lid on.

That and the fact a lot of the offenders all come from the same club, it may be they simply get away with it more because of the "aura".

I think it's probably a case of that guys like Mako and Itoje are so used to dominating at club level that when it doesn't happen for them at international level they get frustrated and allow their discipline to slip.

Okay fair enough we start with Cipriani do we win the game? Nope Do we even lose by less? Possibly but unlikely.

This such an annoying conversation about area where it's like number 99 of our 99 problems.
Just because England's problems are multitude doesn't mean that we can't attempt to fix one.

Latest posts