• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 3rd Test] Australia vs. Ireland (23/06/2018)

Obviously not as bad as PoM, but Kearney played the Aus player in the air after losing the ball...

Exactly my point. It's unfortunate but it's still illegal. Instinct does not excuse the illegality.

Fair enough.

My point is that they're clearly happy to have something that is fundamentally very dangerous being legal (leaping into the air) but unwilling to face the reality of that danger.

If they think it's that dangerous, it shouldn't be legal.

Obviously not as bad as PoM, but Kearney played the Aus player in the air after losing the ball...
Difference was he didn't pull back the player. No issue competing. Foley was pulled for the after part of pulling

They should move the posts behind the try line like in American football, being able to score against the base is such BS

And they wouldn't need to be moved much

goalpost-solution.jpg

Fair enough.

My point is that they're clearly happy to have something that is fundamentally very dangerous being legal (leaping into the air) but unwilling to face the reality of that danger.

If they think it's that dangerous, it shouldn't be legal.

I suppose that just comes down to a difference of opinion, which is what this place is for. I think the ref has interpreted the current laws correctly. We could end up going down the rabbit hole if we start to discuss the fundamentally dangerous things that are allowed in the game!

I honestly don't think Folau grabbing him was instinctive. He was never in risk of falling.

Agree that they're asking for this incidents allowing one man lifts.

Aussie commentators saying that the Stockdale yellow card was probably fair enough, but the Folau yellow card was total rubbish.

I honestly don't think Folau grabbing him was instinctive. He was never in risk of falling.

Agree that they're asking for this incidents allowing one man lifts.

IMO, the Irish player didn't start to rotate until Folau grabbed him around the mid section with his left hand, so his lifter could have put him down safely had it not been for Folau's actions

I think lifting should be banned in open play unless performed by 2 players. I know why it's a tactic during this game, because Folau jumps like a basketball player.

But the heights they are reaching and lack of control, it's becoming dangerous.

Are Aus the most undisciplined side in World Rugby. There stats are shocking over last 10 tests

Was it first or second test aus got a penalty try and we got a yellow card after one rolling maul collapse?

Latest posts