• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 3rd Test] New Zealand vs. France (23/06/2018)

Nice defence ref. This is a great game to watch. Justin understands what it means.

Lacey is consistently **** mind.

That's horrendous positioning there from the Irish ref!!!!!

Lacey is utterly awful. The only good thing to ever come out of Ireland is POC's decent punditry.

I can forgive Lacey getting into the wrong position, easy mistake to make that side of the scrum.

But to go to the TMO and not see that block is insane.

16 vs 15.
I can understand them missing the play, but how can the see that replay and not call scrum. I simply cannot believe it.

He might not have made the tackle but he has got to have the opportunity. How can he look at that and say "yeah I'm happy"?

You know you gone dun ****** up when Ratsapprentice thinks you should have disallowed it.

That could literally be a textbook case of referee interference.

Thing is the tmo clearly querying Lacey with the "are you happy?" Question I.e. "you're totally in the way" but lacey is too much of a prima Donna to admit he's wrong.

Hmm you can count about 3 instances where the ref steps away from the player and then the player approaches him again.....

Hmm you can count about 3 instances where the ref steps away from the player and then the player approaches him again.....
Serin was clearly shuffling across field and Lacey wouldn't move infact he had hold of his shirt it's clearly obvious. The positioning of Lacey was poor and it was clear referee obstruction. I still think the ABs would of scored but that's not the point . Reset scrum was correct call

Dear Mr. Hansen,

Can the McKenzie at 10 experiment be revisited after the World Cup, please? Thanks.

I can forgive Lacey getting into the wrong position, easy mistake to make that side of the scrum.

But to go to the TMO and not see that block is insane.

Unfortunately, there is no Law that allows the referee to overturn that try. The Law makes no provision for accident blocking of a would be tackler. He can only stop play if the the ball or the ball carrier touches him and either side gets an advantage. This is exactly what Angus Gardiner was telling him when they were both standing looking at the big screen.

LAW 6: REFEREE

THE BALL OR BALL-CARRIER TOUCHES THE REFEREE OR NON-PLAYER
10. If the ball or the ball-carrier touches the referee or other non-player and neither team
gains an advantage, play continues. If either team gains an advantage in the field of play,
a scrum is awarded to the team that last played the ball.
11. If the ball-carrier touches the referee or other non-player in in-goal and either team gains
an advantage:
a. If the ball is in possession of an attacking player, the referee awards a try where the
contact took place.
b. If the ball is in possession of a defending player, the referee awards a touch down
where the contact took place.
12. If the ball is touched by the referee or other non-player in in-goal, the referee judges
what would have happened next and awards a try or a touch down at the place where
the contact took place.

Latest posts