8. Thomas Waldrom
9. Chris Smylie
10. Luke Mcalistar
11. Fetu'u Vainikolo
12. Tim Bateman
13. Casey Laulala
14. Lelia Masaga
15. Israel Dagg

I'm unsure about alot of my picks because there'll be some that are probably already be in the All Blacks but for now I've just made a quick team to see how our juniors might possibly look.

Messam in the juniors? No way, if I had it my way he'd be starting at 8 for the All Blacks. Other than that it looks reasonable and still very capable of competing against other top international teams.

I'd imagine it'll look something like this...

Pre Tri Nations (During Tri Nations)

Props
Franks
Crockett
May
Newland

Hookers
Elliot
de Malmanche

Locks
Ross
Eaton
Thrush
O'Neil

Loose Forwards
Latimer
S Waldrom
T Waldrom
Blackie
Lauaki
Read (Vito)

Halfbacks
Leonard (Mathewson)
Ellis

First Fives
Brett
Gopperth

Centres
Bruce
Bateman
Ellison
McAlister (Bowden)

Outside Backs
Masaga
Smith/Guildford
Williams
Jane
Dagg
Wulf (Payne)

Main lineup being Crockett, de Malmanche, May, Eaton, Ross, Read (Blackie), Latimer, Waldrom, Leonard (Ellis), Gopperth, Wulf (Williams), McAlister (Bruce), Bateman, Masaga, Jane

That's still a very formidable team, can't see any other team coming close, quite possibly the best second rate team out of New Zealand ever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Apr 25 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd imagine it'll look something like this...

Pre Tri Nations (During Tri Nations)

Props
Franks
Crockett
May
Newland

Hookers
Elliot
de Malmanche

Locks
Ross
Eaton
Thrush
O'Neil

Loose Forwards
Latimer
S Waldrom
T Waldrom
Blackie
Lauaki
Read (Vito)

Halfbacks
Leonard (Mathewson)
Ellis

First Fives
Brett
Gopperth

Centres
Bruce
Bateman
Ellison
McAlister (Bowden)

Outside Backs
Masaga
Smith/Guildford
Williams
Jane
Dagg
Wulf (Payne)

Main lineup being Crockett, de Malmanche, May, Eaton, Ross, Read (Blackie), Latimer, Waldrom, Leonard (Ellis), Gopperth, Wulf (Williams), McAlister (Bruce), Bateman, Masaga, Jane

That's still a very formidable team, can't see any other team coming close, quite possibly the best second rate team out of New Zealand ever.[/b]

I agree that it probably is one of the best JAB teams ever.
We could probably do with having the NZ Maori team so all our players get some good game time!
I imagine that Guildford won't be in the team due to being in the U20 squad.
Also, I would have thought that Leonard would be in the ABs.

With only 26 players in the All Blacks to begin with for the Iveco Series, I'm not so sure. I think he'll definitely be called up for the Tri Nations, but if they have to leave one of Weepu, Cowan and Leonard out of the Iveco series, I think it'll be Leonard, so he can get constant game time against teams (especially with him being injured for anoter 1-5 weeks).

What about that young hooker who plays for the Hurricanes? Dane Coles is it? I reckon he's awesomw

Wasn't that great this season, plus he had off field issues etc. He's behind de Malmanche, Elliot and probably another in hooking anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Apr 25 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wasn't that great this season, plus he had off field issues etc. He's behind de Malmanche, Elliot and probably another in hooking anyway.[/b]

Mmm probably behind Corey Flynn to as much as we all hate him.

Is Corey Flynn playing this season? I haven't heard his name at all and wasn't sure if he was out injured or if he had left without me realising? I think Coles would definitely be behind him too.

Latest posts