Junior All Blacks predictions?

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by jawmalawm24, Apr 25, 2009.

1. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

1. Jacob Ellison
    2. ?
    3. Clint Newland
    4. Isaac Ross
    5. Jason Eaton
    6. Liam Messam
    7. Tanerau Latimer
    8. Thomas Waldrom
    9. Chris Smylie
    10. Luke Mcalistar
    11. Fetu'u Vainikolo
    12. Tim Bateman
    13. Casey Laulala
    14. Lelia Masaga
    15. Israel Dagg

I'm unsure about alot of my picks because there'll be some that are probably already be in the All Blacks but for now I've just made a quick team to see how our juniors might possibly look.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. nam97

nam97 Guest

Messam in the juniors? No way, if I had it my way he'd be starting at 8 for the All Blacks. Other than that it looks reasonable and still very capable of competing against other top international teams.

4. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

I'd imagine it'll look something like this...

Pre Tri Nations (During Tri Nations)

Props
    Franks
    Crockett
    May
    Newland

Hookers
    Elliot
    de Malmanche

Locks
    Ross
    Eaton
    Thrush
    O'Neil

Loose Forwards
    Latimer
    S Waldrom
    T Waldrom
    Blackie
    Lauaki
    Read (Vito)

Halfbacks
    Leonard (Mathewson)
    Ellis

First Fives
    Brett
    Gopperth

Centres
    Bruce
    Bateman
    Ellison
    McAlister (Bowden)

Outside Backs
    Masaga
    Smith/Guildford
    Williams
    Jane
    Dagg
    Wulf (Payne)

Main lineup being Crockett, de Malmanche, May, Eaton, Ross, Read (Blackie), Latimer, Waldrom, Leonard (Ellis), Gopperth, Wulf (Williams), McAlister (Bruce), Bateman, Masaga, Jane

That's still a very formidable team, can't see any other team coming close, quite possibly the best second rate team out of New Zealand ever.

5. bobilycious

bobilycious Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Apr 25 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I agree that it probably is one of the best JAB teams ever.
    We could probably do with having the NZ Maori team so all our players get some good game time!
    I imagine that Guildford won't be in the team due to being in the U20 squad.
    Also, I would have thought that Leonard would be in the ABs.

6. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

With only 26 players in the All Blacks to begin with for the Iveco Series, I'm not so sure. I think he'll definitely be called up for the Tri Nations, but if they have to leave one of Weepu, Cowan and Leonard out of the Iveco series, I think it'll be Leonard, so he can get constant game time against teams (especially with him being injured for anoter 1-5 weeks).

7. candybum

candybum Guest

What about that young hooker who plays for the Hurricanes? Dane Coles is it? I reckon he's awesomw

8. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

Wasn't that great this season, plus he had off field issues etc. He's behind de Malmanche, Elliot and probably another in hooking anyway.

9. bobilycious

bobilycious Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Apr 25 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Mmm probably behind Corey Flynn to as much as we all hate him.

10. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

Is Corey Flynn playing this season? I haven't heard his name at all and wasn't sure if he was out injured or if he had left without me realising? I think Coles would definitely be behind him too.

11. candybum

candybum Guest

Isn't Flynn out with yet another broken arm?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!