Junior World championships

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bullitt, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

England U20s just beat the BabyBoks 40-21 to meet New Zealand in Sundays final.

South Africa will meet Australia for the 3rd place decider on Saturday.

Coverage is on IRB.com

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Can't believe Ireland lost to Wales. Really think they could have been in with a chance of the final if they weren't in the Baby Blacks group.

This U20 team had all the near misses, beat England, France, Wales and Italy only to lose to Scotland and then lose the championship on points difference, without even a triple crown.

Then to lose to The Baby Blacks in a close game after playing out of their skin, and then lose to Wales after losing your captain after a few minutes and last minute conversion. At least they brought through some good players, I'd expect a lot of these guys to go pro.

Why didn't Andrew Burke start?

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

You guys lost to Wales? Seriously? :lol:

Also if I recall what little I watched of the game, the Baby Blacks pummeled you in the end.

5. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 17 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I agree that this is far more important than playing to a rigid structure and seeking results at underage level. This Irish under 20 team is very much a mixed back with 6 or 7 players who can have very strong careers and a bunch who are there to make up the numbers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 17 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It's a shame that the two most talented players in the Ireland squad in my opinion, play in the same position. I wouldn't complain if Burke was picked at 10 with McKinley at 12 in the next game. Other than Nevin Spence who's had to return home injured, the centres in this squad are unlikely to make it too much forther in the game. Pushing McKinley into the centre makes sense in that regard.

6. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

England vs South Africa 40-21

Carl Fearns and Calum Clark were good whole match long

Henry Trinder's try was beautiful he managed to slip off three RSA defenders

Overall match was amazing

7. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Also very interesting was match between Australia and New Zealand

But I count mostly on a final match which will be great

8. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 18 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

So Junior All Backs became the champions of this world cup after defeating England in a final match

9. Ripper

Ripper Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    http://www.allblacks.com/news/10341/New-Ze...p-final-preview

Could be hitting 50 by the next World Cup judging by last nights game.

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

And they'll still have fewer World Cup winners medals then Ben Cohen between them...

11. Ripper

Ripper Guest

[​IMG]

But they all have their dignity still

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Can't argue there.

13. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

On a side not, does anyone know that Zac Guilford, Hurricanes winger and winger for the Baby Blacks, dad died watching the game at the stadium, how terribly sad is that? http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/arti...uildford-family
    To be honest I would hate to be a Baby Black, their best player in 2007, needed open heart surgery, their best player this year is recovering from testicular cancer, and this tragic news really tops it off.

14. candybum

candybum Guest

Bittersweet or what ever you call it. Probably didn't know during the game did he?

But that sucks big time. Condolences to his friends, family and team mates.

But on a side note... Their fullback Robbie Robinson? he was mean as! one for the future.

15. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Agreed, and with a name like Robbie Robinson, I see him going far. Yeah, tragic about his dad. He wouldn't have known while playing the game.

16. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jun 22 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Is there something black hanging over this team? :vampire: :vampire: :vampire: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!