• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just for fun

Lomu or Big American Football linebacker

• I'd rather Lomu shoulder charge me at full speed with no padding on in excess of 20mph odd +

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather the American linebacker to charge me down but I could wear all the padding : helmet, shou

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

Ruff

Age old argument of Rugby vs AmFootball, I KNOW, but just for fun, if you seriously had to choose one which would it be?

Lomu (back in his day) or a huge American Football linebacker

Only rule is if you choose Lomu you have only a gumshield and you have to stand completely still while he shoulder charges you or if you choose the Linebacker then you can wear all the protective gear, again having to stand still while being shoulder charged.

I'd so love to see this experiment on Jackass or Dirty Sanchez.

I'd rather have a Gridiron player hit me because the pads take alot of the impact. I've only ever played a game of Gridiron once so I'm no expert but when I did they put me in running back and no one on the field even knew how to play all I know is that as soon as the ball popped everyone just rushed me because the stupid quarterback was a pussy and just kept giving it to me to get smashed.

So yeah having Jonah running over you would be more embarassing and would hurt like crap with no pads on especially if you just had to stand still stuff that.

Check this video out it bias as towards Gridiron because they use a Pro Footballer vs a dummy compared to using a Rugby player from L.A football club vs one of their own players instead of using someone like Jerry Collins, Sebastian Chabal etc but it's still kinda worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WlbHi_ySx0

Great vid that but deffo biassed. I'd 150% choose to be hit by a linebacker rather than Lomu. Pads must be a psychological thing, I'd just feel a LOT safer. I love the age old argument though and will banter in the Comments section of that video in a brief moment :p

The Rugby world need to make a Youtube equivalent response to that. We are the tougher, more manly sport :p

Who the **** invented GridIron anyway? Hey lets invent a sport thats similar to that rugby game thing and we get to hit each other real hard man!

4 minutes into first half of THE VERY FIRST AMERICAN FOOTBALL test (which in the future would be sectioned into Quarters to give the 48 manned team a little breather, without mentioning Timeouts)

Hey man, that hurts. Let's invent metal things to put on our heads and soft padding to cushion the blows

I am telling you, once the yankees find out about the Sumo Suits you can hire for kids parties and other social fun events, then they will rival Japan in the sport, call it a World Series (with just one other Nation competing) and think they pwn :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
because the stupid quarterback was a pussy and just kept giving it to me to get smashed.[/b]

lol lmao quality lol i love it when people do that sorry to say it buts its funny.

Really gotta feel sorry here for the Minnesota Vikings that don purple helmets and like to knock them together after a touchdown in the endzone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 26 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
theres no way lomu could run that quick thats past world record speed[/b]

You mean run at 20mph + ? I think Lomu could run the 100m in under 11 seconds and at 6ft 5 and just under 20 stone (126kg) thats BEASTLY. World record is 22.9mph secs I think.

I use to watch alot of NFL a few years ago but it just took so long and too many timeouts and switching from offensive to defensive to special teams was just frustrating to watch. Way too much stop start and than if they contest a play the officials gotta go do their thing looking into those cameras for the replay and it takes up alot of time.

I heard that the Dallas Cowboys were looking at Jonah Lomu to play wide receiver for them when he started carving up but didn't hear much of that so not really sure if it was true. I reckon he might of made an alright player but alot of the wide receivers these days aren't really big like T.O he's only about 6'3 95-100kg but they're extremely fast.

Latest posts