• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just Picked up and played Rugby 15

pearo780

Academy Player
Hey guys,

I just picked up Rugby 15 here in NZ. I don't ever post on forums but thought I had to share my 2 cents.

This game is downright terrible. The gameplay is off, the graphics are atrocious and it basically looks and plays like it is unfinished.

I have played pretty much every rugby game back to Jonah Lomu Rugby. I loved Rugby 08 and rugby challenge 1 and 2 had some promise but this is just an abomination. As I said I don't ever comment or post, but the thought of someone paying their hard earned money on this makes me ill.

I know we need to buy these games to show the big guys like EA that there is a market for a AAA Rugby game, but this is just soooooo bad. I don't know how they could take such a big step backwards from Rugby World Cup 2011 which wasn't really great in itself.

Anyway make your own mind up, but just a bit of caution.

One day we will all hopefully get the rugby game we dream of. Not today though...

Hey guys,

I just picked up Rugby 15 here in NZ. I don't ever post on forums but thought I had to share my 2 cents.

This game is downright terrible. The gameplay is off, the graphics are atrocious and it basically looks and plays like it is unfinished.

I have played pretty much every rugby game back to Jonah Lomu Rugby. I loved Rugby 08 and rugby challenge 1 and 2 had some promise but this is just an abomination. As I said I don't ever comment or post, but the thought of someone paying their hard earned money on this makes me ill.

I know we need to buy these games to show the big guys like EA that there is a market for a AAA Rugby game, but this is just soooooo bad. I don't know how they could take such a big step backwards from Rugby World Cup 2011 which wasn't really great in itself.

Anyway make your own mind up, but just a bit of caution.

One day we will all hopefully get the rugby game we dream of. Not today though...

Thanks mate ! I don't even think in buying this game, after all I've seen on the web ! EA is really a joke ! The only thing they think of is stealing money from the fans ! :mad:

I bought it off steam - I wouldn't recommend it in its current state. It would need a fair amount of patches but ultimately it's taken Rugby as a videogame back quite a few years. I spent time playing RWC 11 a couple of weeks prior as build up, but that had better game play.

I too, would not, recommend buying this game.

We will never get a dream rugby union game with everything "actually" licensed, maybe one day they will see the light and change their ways and listen to the rugby community, until then no hope for anything.

I saw the PS3 version has already dropped in price, so picked it up on Friday. I have now had about 10 games. It is absolutely terrible. After one or two I was wondering whether it was the single-worst game I had ever played, but as I got used to the controls it grew into just being the worst game I've ever bought instead. I'm actually in awe of how bad it is.

Picked myself up a PS4 recently, and have been tempted to buy it... First of all, it's stil £54.99 on the PS Store, which is just ridiculous. Thought about nabbing it for about £30 off eBay or somewhere, but it really does not seem like there's any point. I think I'd only but it if its less than £20, just to see if it really is as bad as everyone says.

2 games in and I am done. It is just awful. The passes, the player positioning in attack, the animation from a pass from the 9 at a tapped down lineout. The rucks, the look, the sound, THE EVERYTHING. Ugh.

This game is like kids and a hot iron. People know it is hot, they touch it and get burned, tell everybody else it's hot, but still each person must touch it to be sure.

This game is like kids and a hot iron. People know it is hot, they touch it and get burned, tell everybody else it's hot, but still each person must touch it to be sure.

Should point out I didnt buy it myself, my brother bought it for me. Poor sod.

Almost three weeks on, and the ten games I mentioned are still all I've played. Yet I've been back to both RWC 2011 and RC2 since then. Man alive, R15 is terrible. I'm still not quite over how bad it is.

I bought GamesMaster the other day and was surprised to see that they had reviewed Rugby 15. It scored 11%.

I'm a HUGE lover of the EA games and even got to appreciate HB's solo efforts of 2011 World Cup (not by any means brilliant but it fills the gap...).

When Rugby15 first came out I could not bear to buy it as it looked so incredibly ****. I caved in all these months down the line as the PS Store, today, have dropped the price to £16.50.

Surely my mind has been playing harsh tricks on me and the graphics and gameplay can't be that bad. The very least it will be as good as 2011 WC which I'd definitely buy for £16.50, just to not have to setup my PS3 to play it...

B(****²).
****** to the power of **** Squared! What a complete pile of ****. The developers should be ashamed of themselves. That's not a finished game, that's a SCAM. A pure scam to rip money off people. HB Studios and Big Ben are a bunch of that slang word for vaginas, ends in unts.

Totally my fault for buying it but I couldn't resist at that price as I really thought it couldn't be that bad. If anyone buys this game then they are a ****. I am a ****...

However, to end on a positive... the 16 quid was worth it just to demolish all credibility HB Studios had.

another pile of crap and HB do it again!

still anonymous after last times at best average effort

I've never played a Rugby game. Will I know it's crap if I'm just learning the game?

The game got a 0/10 rating.

The RWC version got a 1/10 rating.

Terrible games.

ign.com brother, woulda told you everything.

I've never played a Rugby game. Will I know it's crap if I'm just learning the game?

Watch a gameplay video on YouTube and you'll tell why it's bloody terrible... Especially if you're used to basically any sports game that has come out in the last 5 or 6 years

Latest posts