Just purchased a new laptop...need some help!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Goth Power, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

Although I don't recieve my new laptop till Tuesday sometime I require some spec-like assistance.

I wish to run Halo 2 and game's such like on my new laptop but when reading the specs it runs on integrated graphics, and I am not sure whether the specs of the processor and laptop are capable of running the game as I understand IG runs of the processors memory instead of the graphics card memory.

The specs are as follows:

Intel Core Duo Processor T2130 (1.86Ghz)
    2GB DDR2 Ram
    160GB HD
    Model Number: Notino W5700-T2130 160GB blk

These are the only available specs that have anything to do with what I am asking, if you wish to refer to the item the full description is:

"Hi-Grade Core Duo T2130 laptop in black/silver with 15.4in display, memory upgrade and Vista software"
    I have purchased it from Littlewoods as I am cheap, please help me out.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

It will when I get the laptop, I won't get it till Tuesday, but thanks for the link!

4. esoj

esoj Guest

it will definitely struggle with more recent games but you might get away with something like halo 2 on low settings.

5. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

That's what I originally thought esoj.

I thought maybe perhaps there where a few geeks on here who could help me and tell but hey ho, bet they're all plotting to take over the world through the use of HTTP.

:p

6. dullonien

dullonien Guest

You should have shopped around a bit more first. Don't want to upset you but something like this is a much better laptop for a lot less money! It too only has intergrated graphics, but that would be ok for some older games as esoj said. You could have probably found a laptop with some dedicated graphics for the money you paid, which would boost gaming performance tenfold. Also, Vista home premium is a minimum in my view, basic's a bit well...... ****.

Sorry for the bad news, but it aint too late to return the laptop you've bought and buy something different instead.

Edit: I'd also stick to a well known brand such as HP, Sony (bit expensive), Fujitsu etc. I've had some bad experiences with these Chinese random makes.

7. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

I've had to get this one as I can't afford anything more and I have to pay from littlewoods on the weekly as I am skint atm, so this will do me for what I need...I just wanted to have a crack at Halo 2 on the pc instead of buying for Xbox and getting achievements at the same time.

8. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

Got the laptop, its cool.

Runs like a beauty and I checked that website and it can run it just not amazingly, well obviousley.

9. esoj

esoj Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Goth Power @ Oct 1 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    integrated graphics will only go so far. if game give you trouble try turning the graphics settings down and then try lowering the resolution.

10. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

I'm going to borrow from a mate first, im not shelling out 20 quid and then find its utter balls and not worth playing.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!